Chapter 8: Breached

Location: Tagaki's Residence
Time: 0400 Hours

After the entire gun possession on Hirano, Dagger Team are all making upgrades and changes in the MRAP APC they've got in the house. Ramirez is reinstalling a brand new unmanned 50 caliber machine gun.

The gun itself now features: a thermal, night, and sonar vision. This new upgrade doesn't require a person to mount, now its controlled inside. Miguel is inside the APC programming the weapon drone.

Alex is with Mac inside fixing the tires and armour of the vehicle. And lastly Mitchell is adding an EMP shield around the engine to protect it from any Electromagnetic interference.

Just as Mitchell is about to close the armour platings in the engine, a female servant came inside the workshop. "Excuse me, Commander Mitchell it appears your general is in the line in room 54 in floor 5." She finished.

Mitchell nodded. "Mac can you finish it?" Mitchell asked the Japanese mechanic.

"I can, don't worry about me." He said with a smile.

The other members of Dagger Team all followed suite to the room they were assigned to. When they are about to head to the staircase, they see Takashi, Saya, and Hirano were arguing with other civilians in the residence.

"C'mon. Nothing we could for them now." Mitchell said going up the stair ase with the others. Walking three more floors up, they finally reached the room. Mitchell opened it to see Lt.General McDonnell (Kingpin) in the holographic screen. "Gentlemen." He rose up from his seat and saluted.

"Sir." They all saluted. Mitchell, Ramirez, Alex, and Miguel all took a seat in the table now getting ready from the mission brief.

"Good work on evacuating civilians on the city." The General compliment. "Today will be your final mission." The others knew this and are now ready.

"We're ready sir." Mitchell said earning nods from the three Delta Operators.

"Good." He pressed a button in his deskpad and a hologram appeared in the middle of the table that shows the Totoro Forest.

"As you know that this spread happens in Totoro Forest. While you were on your mission. Analyst confirms that there were multiple heat signatures moving inside the forest." He showed a UAV drone monitoring five soldiers in hazmat suit moving through the manticore cloud moving deeper.

"Why would there be soldiers on the ground, where the infection starts?" Alex questions the General.

All the General did is press another button in his deskpad, and the UAV switched from normal vision to high powered sonar. This caught the attention of the team. In the middle of the forest was a tunnel that connects all the way down at least 10 feet below ground.

"These guys are entering an underground tunnel that connects somewhere throughout the forest to Atlas Command Centre in the city." It shows the entire connection to the tunnel to the Command Centre it was only a kilometer long.

"That is going to be your entry point inside the city. Since most of the nearby towns outside the forest is already infected."

"What are the defenses around the Command Centre?" Mitchell asked

"Just getting to that." He shows the entire Base Of Operations in the hologram table.

"There are multiple AST's patrolling outside around 200m. You also have multiple snipers and drones patrolling both inside and outside the base." Kingpin showed Bases defenses.

"We also found this." He switched the drone to Thermal vision, showing the many chemical signature radiating around the base.

"Unlike many of the Atlas base, that we've took down all those years ago, this is one of two Bio Labs that we've discovered. Your mission is to find a way to shut Manticore down and torch the entire base, leave no evidence behind." Kingpin said in complete serious.