Chapter 12: Highground

Location: Tokonosu Offshore International Airport
Time: 0900 Hours
Date:09/07/2060

It was a sunny day in the airport and things have been relatively quiet, no communications can be heard outside of Japan, lights were now being repaired, and zombies have breached the gate. Luckily the XS1 Goliaths that were stationed at the gate easily took out the horde before they breached the airport again.

Inside the terminal Rika is looking out in the ocean with Ilona, they were both on duty monitoring for any security breaches. Rika at the moment is occupied in her thoughts thinking about Mitchell and what happened after the H.A.N.E strike.

"Rika." Ilona snapped her thoughts. "I got movements behind the gate." She looked back at her sniper's scope to find a lone zombie trying to enter the airport.

"Got it." She adjusted her sights.

"Distance is 500m. You're clear." Ilona said.

Rika squeezed the trigger of her sniper and shot the zombie in the head killing it as it fall on the ground dead. "Command, all targets outside the gate are now neutralized. Again." Ilona said sighing in frustration as it just won't stop.

She looked back at Rika to see her sad face. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked her.

"Not....nothing." Rika said a bit shaky.

"I know something is wrong with you Rika. You always boast on how good you are at hitting your target, now your just quiet not even saying a word unless I start a conversation." She said patting her friend's shoulder.

Sighing she said. "I'm just worried about him." She said referring to Mitchell. "I'm scared ever since the nuclear explosion. No communications, no signals, I don't even know if he's okay out there."

"Hey." She said. "Knowing him for 10 years I know he always have a solution. He always find his way out of every situation at hand even if our numbers is 10 to 1 he, and Gideon always make it out alive."She explained. "He spent years fighting soldiers that can end the world, a bunch of mindless zombies won't be that difficult." She joked at her last sentence.

Rika smiled at her friend begore hugging her. "Thanks."

"That's the Rika I know." She said as she got back as a spotter. "Now c'mon we got a job to do." She ordered as Rika got back on the ground and readied her weapon.

Location: Taei Shopping Center
Time: 1400 Hours
Date: 09/07/2060

Inside the mall the civilians and security guards were still relaxing, there were no signs of infected for the past 3 days now and they were all happy to chill inside the mall. For the teens they were all hanging around walking together around the mall checking out items and other things in the store while their parents were talking with one another.

Dagger team in the other hand has been busy for the past 3 days trying to establish communications to extract them and the civilians to a more safer location other than the mall because if they stay here a little longer the mall's supply will eventually run out.

Ramirez is inside of an electronic store inside the mall helping Miguel build a radio station to communicate outside of Japan for extraction.

"You got it?" Ramirez asked.

"Yep." Miguel said coming from underneath the table. "Just a few more wiring, and it should be finished."

Up in the roof Commander Mitchell and M.Sgt Alex were scouting on the roof safeguarding the mall while the others are inside. Mitchell is sitting on a chair with a table beside him that has a telescope, Alex in the other hand is lying down with his Lynx scoping around to see if there are any hostiles.