Chapter 10: Shopping Mall

Location: Rainbow Town
Time: 0700 Hours

The sun rise from the horizon as it shines down the once peaceful town of Rainbow, now it is nothing but a empty town, cars were abandoned and houses and stores were broken. But in one house is still not breached.

It was Rei's house ever since the team used her house as a safehouse they decided that it's best for them to stay in one place instead of two.

Mitchell is standing on the house's patio looking outside, his wide awake ever since 5 a.m. "Alex, let's get them up it's time to go." He ordered and Alex nodded.

"Alright, rise and shine." He said knocking on the rooms that the people were sleeping in, he can hear them all groan in response as they all woke up so early. "We still need to get you guys to evacuation point."

A minute of two the rest of the students, nurse, and parents came down the stairs fully dressed with their bags and weapons on their side.

"Alright listen up." Mitchell said getting everyone's attention. "Get some breakfast first, then will leave at 1 hour. Grab anything that is important as well." The others nodded and grabbed something to eat, better to have energy rather than having an empty stomach.

Mitchell and his team sat down in the floor opening a bag of MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) and started eating.

"Miguel. Any word for Kingpin?"

"Negative. While our exo suits and other tech is EMP shielded, our communications are not."

Mitchell groaned, without communication there is now way for them to contact Kingpin and they will mostly be stranded in the town withouth any pickup.

"Now I can probably make a communication relay outpost, the only problem is I don't the resources to build one."

"The Mall there's probably electronic parts there, that you can use."

"Alright then, I'll get to it."

Dagger team looked at the civilians and see all them eating and talking, then Mitchell checked the clock they only have 20 minutes left.

"Alex deploy a drone let's see what we're going to face once were outside." Mitchell told Alex. Better to check the streets to make sure it's clear rather than just going out there without any intel.

Alex pull out his drone that is the size of a coin and tossed it to the sky. "Drone is up." He activated his wrist computer and controlled the drone.

The drone moved and scanned the streets. Outside is mostly empty, but they figured that there are probably zombies inside those houses seeing that there all broken down and torn apart.

"Got a visual of our destination."

The mall itself was still intact and there were no broken doors or anything on the outside. "Switch to High-Frequency Sonar." Alex did as Mitchell says and switched the normal camera to Sonar.

When it was switched inside was mostly empty. Alex moved closer to confirm if it's really empty and see that it was indeed empty.

"The hell why is it empty?" Miguel asked

"Fuck knows?" Ramirez said. "Just hopefully that its clear once we got there."

"Leave the drone airborne, were gonna use it as our UAV." Mitchell said to Alex which he nodded in return.

"Time to go. We'll find out once se got there." Mitchell got up in the floor. "Alright time to go grab you belongings, were leaving in 5 minutes." The teens and adults scrambled up and grabbed their belongings.