Chapter 13: Welcome Home Party (Short Story)

Location: Tokonosu Offshore International Airport
Time: 1530 Hours
Date: 09/27/2060

Inside the razorback dropship everyone was relieved to get out of the city for nearly 2 weeks. Mitchell is happy to get out of the city, and he heard that the pilot will be dropping them in Tokonosu Airport. He looked outside the window to see fires on the buildings and several people were runnijg outside hopelessly escaping the undead.

He looked to his right to see the teens and civilians trying to sleep since their departure. Saya was the only one who is not sleeping, she was still worried about her parents.

Ramirez patted her shoulder causing her to glance at him. "Your parents will be fine, a contingency was plan if the first escort dropship got shut down. Their safe trust me." She smiled at his words hefore nodding and trying to sleep.

"What's the status on the 7th Fleet? And what's the word on Kingpin?" Mitchell asked the pilots.

"The fleet is still patrolling the waters fully operational. Command has already sent you guys his next word you have a 2 day break before you guys aee heading to your last mission." The pilot said as they all nodded in reply.

30 Minutes Later

After half-an-hour of riding the dropship the group looked outside to see Tokonosu Offshore International Airport, or what's left of it. The terminal itself was surrounded by Goliaths and there were several zombies outside the fences, some try to get in only to get shot by the Goliath's GAU-3 minigun.

"Coming around the airport." The pilot said as the dropship descends. "Tokonosu Terminal Station 2, this is Ranger 1-1 permission to land."

"Copy. You are clear to land Ranger 1-1 on our terminal at helipad C." The communicators said.

The razorback dropship descends even lower as it finds it's helipad. Once the dropship finally touched down, the doors of the razorback opened and everyone finally got out relieved to be safe and sound.

Dagger Team stayed for a while inside grabbing their remaining gears inside the dropship. While they were grabbing their weapons and equipments, Mitchell heard the familiar voice of a female. It was Rika. He looked outside to see her greeting the studenrs and her friend Shizuka.

He smiled before stepping out of the dropship. Rika's eyes turn to the dropship and saw Mitchell got out, she gasped before started crying falling to her knees to see her lover returned. Everyone around them smiled at the reunion of two couples. Rika got up to her feet and sprinted towards Mitchell wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck, crying silently burying her head in his neck.

The other's around them clapped and smiled as the two couples finally reunited. "Am I hearing my mate getting his ass clapped?" A man with a British accent said as the remaining civilians cleared out. Gideon came forward and greeted his friend. "Good to see alive and well mate."

Rika finally let's go of Mitchell and he walked forward and shaked hands with his best friend. "Good to see you as well Gideon." He shook his hands as they all entered with him and Rika holding hands as they walk inside.

As the entires group entered the airport, they were instantly greeted by soldiers wearing chemical suits. The line was short since they just arrived few minutes ago.

"Please, step inside." The man said as Takashi, Rei, Hirano, Saya, and Shikuza came inside first. "Don't move." The man instructed as he presses the button.

The chamber closed contamination smoke sprayed the teens forcing them to close their eyes. Moments later the light turned green signaling the contamination is finished. "Alright, step outside and your free to roam around." The man said.