Chapter XX

Dara found father and daughters by the threshold of their home. The twins were helping their father choose a cap to wear. Hayi was getting all the snapbacks while Lena was handing him the more elegant ones.

"Rugged looks good on you, Appa!" Hayi told him as Jiyong looked at the mirror, trying on a black snapback.

"But Appa needs to look more dignified. He looks like a boy in those!" Lena handed him a white fedora. "I think this will go well with your attire." Jiyong was in tailored black pants, gray polo shirt with a blue Thom Browne cardigan over it. Jiyong got the white hat that Lena chose and wore it.

"Not bad." He said and ruffled his daughter's hair. "I'll go with this one. Is that all right, Hayi?"

"Ne, Appa!" Hayi smiled at him. "You look handsome!"

Jiyong kissed both of his daughters' heads then crouched between them.

"Why can't we come with you, Appa?" Hayi asked as she placed an arm on her father's shoulder.

"Because Appa and Omma are going to work and we might not be able to watch over you."

"Appa, we don't mind staying at home." Lena assured her father. "Hayi, we can just wait for them to come back. Besides, Omma will be with Appa anyway."

"I suppose you're right, Lena." Hayi turned to Jiyong and grinned.

"What?" Jiyong asked Hayi and her daughter just stared at him. "Am I missing something?" He looked from Hayi to Lena.

"Nothing, Appa!" Lena shrugged her shoulders then smiled at her Mom who was approaching them, wearing a white V-neck three-quarter sleeve cocktail dress that clung to Dara's body accentuating her curves, with a black belt that clung to her slim waist, and nude pumps. The dress gave her a more feminine but very professional look. Her blonde hair fell in curls beyond her shoulder and her heels made her just about the height of Jiyong.

"Wow, Omma!" Hayi stared at her Mom, agape, not noticing that her father was doing the same. Lena saw them both though and just proudly turned to look at her mom.

"You like it, Hayi?" Dara asked her and Hayi nodded. When she turned to Lena, her daughter just gave her the thumbs up.

"I love it!" Hayi squealed.

"Me too." Jiyong added and Dara raised a brow at him. He grinned, looked down, scratched his head, completely caught ogling at her.

After giving their parents a kiss and a hug, the twins watched as the 2 cars left their home and out the gates.

"Omma is really pretty!" Hayi spoke out loud. "I mean, pretty is even an understatement! She's very beautiful!"

"Ne, she is!"

"I can't wait to grow up and be like her!" Hayi raised a fist in the air, like she was declaring a mission. Lena just chuckled.

"Well, we're lucky since we're her daughters and it is inevitable." Lena gave her sister a pat on the shoulder. Her gaze turned somber then as it grazed the photos of Hayi and Jiyong in the living room. "Hayi..."

"Ne?" Hayi stood by her sister as she held a photo of Jiyong holding Hayi when she was but 4 years old.

"Do you think Appa has fallen in love with Omma all over again?"

"For sure he did!" Hayi said with confidence. "What I'm worried about is Omma though." She looked at Lena. "You think Omma can fall in love with Appa again?"

"A part of me says that she does." Lena smiled and put back the photo on the table then looked at her sister. "But a part of me is still scared that she might get hurt."