Chapter XXI

“Appa! Me next!” Hayi calls out when she swam closer to her dad.

“All right!” Jiyong says before helping her stand up on his shoulders, her small hands in his large one. “Count to three!”

“Ha, dul, set!” Hayi shouts then jumps to the water. Jiyong has been the twin’s personal diving board at the moment while Dara caught her twins after they plunged into the water.

“All right, that’s enough! Omma is the one who’s going to drown!” She tells both girls.

“Don’t worry, Omma!” Hayi flutter’s her hand as if trying to keep herself afloat on the deep waters. Both twins had buoys strapped to their arms to keep them from drowning.

“Appa will save you!” Lena tells her while Jiyong swims to her side. He grabs her waist before surfacing and she splashed water on him.

“Just hold onto me.” Jiyong says then winks at her after wiping his face.

“Omma, stop being a baby! You know how to swim!” Lena teases her mom.

“Hellena!” Lena cringed. She never really liked being called by her full name and when her mom does it, it means she’s in trouble. Soon enough, she was dragged to her mom’s side and Dara was showering kisses on her face.

“Omma!” She tries to get away from her mom. “Stop!”

But as soon as Dara let go of Lena, she got Hayi and started showering her face kisses as well. Jiyong held Lena close to him.

“Your mom can be such a kid sometimes.” Jiyong tells her and Lena smiles. “But I think I am more a kid at heart than she is!” He says before Jiyong begins to attack Lena with his own kisses.

The twins’ melodic laughter could be heard around the resort and the on lookers were smiling at the warm display of the small family.

“They could have always been like this, ne?” Minzy tells Daesung and he tightens his hold on her waist. “They could have always been a happy family.”

“Is Minji-ah thinking of having her own kids?” Top teased and Bom smiled as Daesung and Minzy both blushed. Daesung hides his face on Minzy’s shoulder.

“We’ve just survived Chae-unnie and Seungri-oppa’s revelation so I don’t think its time to start thinking about settling down.” Minzy tells them.

“Minji, nothing has changed with you. You still sound more mature than all of us, even until now.” Top observed.

“More like, I was forced to! If we were all child like in the head, then Sajangnim would have given up on us a long time ago!”

A waiter comes to them and says that their food is ready. The group was going to have a barbecue tonight.

“Hey, kids!” Daesung calls out to Jiyong, Dara and the twins. “Time for dinner!”

Dara and Jiyong nods then helps the twins up the steps, getting their towels and drying them.

“I can do it, Appa!” Lena tells his dad. “But thank you!” She smiles before getting the towel from him.

“Baby, you have to let me take care of you since I missed so many years of doing it.” Jiyong whined to her.

“I’m sure we will both have a longer time to catch up.” Lena gives his head a pat. “You don’t have to treat me like I’m 5!” Dara smiles at them both, clearly enjoying the family time they were having.

“Hayi, take a quick shower with Lena then we’ll meet here?” Dara says and Hayi nods. 

“Come on, Lena! I’m starving!” Hayi takes her sister’s hand and they both go to the shower room. Jiyong watches them both walk away then sighs. Dara puts a hand on his shoulder.