Chapter XXII

Double update!!! ^_^

Flashback

Dara was dragging her luggage out when another car pulled up just in front of her brother’s escalade. This was the day that she was leaving to go far away from Jiyong, as far away as possible. She froze when she saw her sister-in-law, well ex sister-in-law now, alight the car.

“Dara!” Dami came closer to her until they stood face to face.

“Dami-unnie…”

“I just heard…why?” Dami looked confused and shocked. “What happened? I don’t understand, you were just so happy!”

“Mianhe, Dami-unnie…”

“So its true then. You really are leaving? I thought we talked about this? I thought you listened to me. Okay, if you don’t want to stay married to my brother fine, but to separate him and yourself from your children…” Dami’s eyes were on her luggages. “Dara, this will be hard for both of you! Please don’t do this! Are you sure?”

Dara couldn’t speak so she just nodded. She was afraid to look at the disappointment in Dami’s eyes. She knew it would be there.

“Why, Dara?”

“Dami-unnie…”

“Hasn’t he proven to you how much he loved you? How much he couldn’t live without you?”

“I have to go.” That was all the Dara could say.

“I don’t think its because you don’t know that. In fact, I think you are aware of just how much my brother loves you!” Dami spoke just before Dara entered the car. The older girl turned to Dara and just as the latter expected, disappointment was all over her eyes.

“Its you, isn’t it. You don’t love him as much, do you?”

End of flashback

The two ladies stood by the lake adjacent to the Dolce Vita

The two ladies stood by the lake adjacent to the Dolce Vita. Dami wanted them to talk in private and Dara could only follow her. The trees were a bright green, spring was in full bloom! The water seemed to sparkle under the sun’s rays. No matter how warm the surroundings was though, a cool breeze brushed past them, blowing at both ladies’ hair.