Next Time - Maine x Reader

It was late afternoon where all the Agent's of Project Freelancer would usually be cooling down or training. You sat in the mess hall, comfortably in your seat and began to wonder where Maine was well your mission partner and roommate..

Agent Maine was your assigned panter but before you, He had Agent Washington who you grew quite close to. You loved both Agent's seeing them as more like family but you saw Maine.. something more..

Pink dusted across your cheeks at the thought..
"Hey (State/Nick-Name)!" called out a familiar friendly voice and you looked up to be greeted by a steel and yellow coloured freelancer, giving him a simple wave. "Hey Wash." you smiled beneath your helmet.

"Do you know where Maine is?" "No, last I saw he and Connie were going up against York, North.." Wash said with a shrug and you stood up "Wanna go watch?" "Definitely."

~

Both Agent Washington and yourself went to go to the observing deck and watched Maine's match with York and North.. Nork. Chuckling under your breath at the little inside joke in your head.

It was a close match but due to Maine's outburst of anger, they lost.. Frowning as you see Maine storm out of the Arena after the match. They won by one point!

You've decided to go over and comfort him, make sure he was going to be okay. You went to the locker room.

"Maine?" No response.. So you tried again.

"Maine?" Nothing..

You began to look around the locker room to find Maine on the far end of the locker room, sitting on the bench and his EVA helmet on the floor and his hands covering his face. A dent in a unused locker.. "Maine.."

Walking over and sitting down beside him, his shoulder's tensed up and an unsure growl once you touched him..
"You'll get 'em next time..." The larger freelancer relaxed..

'Next time..'