Friend - Carolina x M! Reader

There she was.. Agent Carolina laying in the snow out cold from the high fall and her A.I Epsilon small holographic form laying on her chest piece just waiting till she woke up..
Then there he was formal Agent (S/N) of Project Freelancer, now who was now a mere mercenary.

His objective; Kill Carolina and take back her A.I back to his supplier of his fancy armour enchantments and weapons..

The mercenary paused in front of the formal teal freelancer, looking down at her. He remembered her red hair and bright green eyes, he hesitated as Epsilon spotted him and quickly 'stood up' over Carolina. "Who are you?!" the A.I demanded and he didn't answer, he couldn't find the right words to speak but he managed.. "A friend.." "A friend?" Epsilon said in surprise.

That was right, she was with York he knew that but couldn't help but be drawn towards her. He loved her determination and.. well everything about her to be honest.. (S/N) nodded before looking up at the cloud and watched the snowfall, this was nice and peaceful maybe he should stop and admire the scenery like he used to..

"Yes.. A friend."

He knew he couldn't complete the objective, and he took one more glance at both A.I and formal Freelancer before telling them something and turning back around and leaving, the A.I called out for him but he continued walking and didn't look back.. He couldn't do that either.

--

"(S/N), have you brought me some good news?" The man said on the other end of the video call as if it wasn't even a question and he wore a smirk, The merc shook his head "No.. They got away.."

"There is an abandon warehouse not to far from here, you both can use a place to take shelter from the snow storm that is closing in.. You'll need it.." He said to Epsilon.. "Take care.."