Reserve

Jay's POV.

I am running through the woods, feeling full of horror, dread, and fear.  I run until I come to a river, I decided to jump across it, it dawns on me that I am completely lost. 

I sniff the air and look around to try to get my barrings, to figure out where I am. I notice that I am still in Forks, Washington, however, I smell wolves. 

It crosses my mind that they are probably asleep and I should leave them alone. I turn to walk away when the door opens and a woman with claw marks down her face answers.

"May I help you?" She asks.

"I am sorry to wake you at this hour, but I just bolted from my house and ended up here, do you know where here is?" I ask her.

"Yes, you are on the Quileute Reserve. Would you like to come in for some tea or something, you look a bit on edge," She asks, moving a little so I can come in.

"I wouldn't want to intrude, plus it's like 4 in the morning," I tell her.

"Please, I insist. I'm Emily," she says.

I nod my head, "I'm Jay," accepting the offer. She moves the rest out of the way, allowing me to walk into her house.  She brings me to the kitchen and puts a tea kettle on the stove.

I stand there awkwardly, not wanting to break anything.

"You can sit down anywhere you'd like. My fiance, Sam, should be here shortly. Your tea should be almost done as well," She tells me.

I nod and go sit on the couch, knowing I would break one of her dining room chairs.

She comes out with a glass of tea with some sugar and milk. "I don't know what you like in it, so I brought it out," She tells me.

"Thank you," I tell her, taking the tea and adding sugar, deciding not to add milk.

"So, why did you bolt from your house? Where are you staying exactly?" She asks me.

"I live with Chief Swan, in Forks," I tell her.

"Oh, I know where that is, Isabella's father, right?" She asks.

"Yeah, how do you know that?" I ask her, being cautious again.

"Oh, I am friends with Billy Black, he talks about them a lot," She tells me.

"Ok," I reply, knowing that she is telling the truth.

"So, why did you bolt from your house?" She asks me.

"My boyfriend was staying in my room, comforting me after I told him some stuff about me. I laid in bed for several hours, with him, just cuddling. I was completely lost in my head, my mind going over everything I told him, as well as the stuff I haven't yet. I felt his arms tighten around me, trying to comfort me. I wasn't aware enough to realize it was him. I ended up hurting him. I heard him hiss in pain and bolted from the room. I ran until I came across a river, which I jumped over, that is when I realized I had gotten lost, so I walked until I came across a house, your's is the first one," I explain to her.

"I see. The way I see it, you didn't hurt him on purpose," Emily tells me.

"No, I didn't do it on purpose at all. I wasn't aware of where I was and I assumed the worst," I explain to her.

"Then everything should be ok," A guy's voice says, coming in.

"Welcome back, Sam. This is Jay. She ran here, from Forks," Emily tells her.

"You ran here?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, through the woods a little ways away," I explain.

"That's a long run," He says, sounding suspicious.