Bella's Party

Jay's POV.

I was getting ready for Bella's birthday party, even though she doesn't want one, something about not wanting to be older than Edward, even though he is over 100.

I arrive at the party and see I am just in time for Bella to open her presents. 

I walk over to where they are all sitting and sit next to Jasper.

Bella gets a necklace and new speakers for her truck. As she went to open her next gift, she got a paper cut on her finger. A single drop of blood falls to the ground.

Jasper jumps up and runs at Bella, his eyes black with hunger. Edward pushes Bella behind her, making her fall into a glass table, harming her more, while shoving Jasper away from them.

Emmett, Alice, and I go over to Jasper to get him to calm down.

"Take him outside," Carlisle says. 

We all push Jasper outside, gradually Bella's scent fades enough for him to calm down.

We all let him go, once we were certain he wouldn't run back in there.

"Let's go, I'll take you home," Jasper tells me, pulling me in the direction of his car.

He drops me off, then speeds off, no kiss goodbye, no goodbye, not even a glance.

I walk to my shed and lay on my bed. 

The next day, at school, the Cullens don't show up. I look at Bella and she looks just as confused as I feel. We on with our school day and go home. When we get there, Edward is waiting for her.

"Can we go talk?" He asks her.

She nods in agreement, and they head off to the woods to chat.

Shrugging my shoulders, I walk back to my shed.

I go to set my bag on the chair next to my desk and see a letter on the desk.

I open the letter...

'Dear Jay,

By the time you are reading this, everyone, except Edward, has left Forks. He wanted to do his in person. I have decided that I have strung you along in this little game of mine for long enough. I don't love you, nor do I even like you. It was just a cruel game to entertain myself. Anyways, you get to live a normal life now, well, sort of. After Edward leaves, you will never see any of us again. I could never love a killer such as yourself. You are not a Cullen, nor will you ever be.

Just promise me one thing, you don't do anything foolish or stupid, for Bella and Charlie.

Signed,
Jasper Hale.'

I sit on my bed, in shock. Then I just laugh an almost crazy laugh.

'You are in no position to make me promise you anything, Mister Hale.'  I think to myself.

I put the letter in one of the desk drawers, then decide to go to sleep, completely numb now, to everything.

A few hours go by and I hear a panicked knocking on my door. I get up and go answer it.

"Have you seen Bella?" Charlie asks me.

"No, last I checked she was talking with Edward at 'their meadow,' why?" I asked him

"When did she go with him?" He asks.