Second Chance

The next day, Anti was a bit more reluctant to go outside again since Jackie had caught him the last time. But with Sean refusing him, it just made him more stubborn.

So he tried something different and glitched himself into the computer taking the meaning of 'surfing the web' to a different level. It was odd at first but he figured Jackie was now watching his apartment to make sure he didn't leave it so he had to improvise.

He exited out a nearby library computer and not to his surprise, the place was practically empty just as he hoped. Anti walked around for a while until he got to the park. He still had a hood over his head so no one would really see who he was but he found a nice swing in the empty area. School was still on so no kids were around to bother him.

Anti lightly swung, not even thinking about much.

Of course Jackie had found him. It didn't take long. He figured Anti would be at one of the spots he was the other day and he was right. But what Jackie saw just confused him. He had thought that the glitch would go on a rampage of sorts. Go crazy and start killing people in a tantrum for not getting what he wanted.

But he just sat on a swing doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Jackie watched over him until school got out and followed as Anti left. The hero watched as his 'brother' merely walked around the city unnoticed, stopping once at a gas station for a slice of pizza that he paid for. Then Anti went back to his apartment.

'Hm.' Jackie thought in his head, 'It may be a trap or something but. . . it's worth telling Sean about. He may have disregarded his authority but he didn't do anything.'

-8888888888888888888888888-

"I don't know, Jackie, are you sure?"

"I watched him the entire day. Yes, he left the apartment when you told him not to but. . . I think it's okay. If he wanted to hurt anyone, he would have. Especially after you not giving him what he wanted."

"I guess you're right" Sean sighed, "But you trust him?"

"I didn't say that. I just mean that perhaps we could give him a chance."

"And I know you're all about second chances, Jackie" Sean smiled, "Alright. We'll go back tomorrow morning but he's not coming here. I don't trust him enough for that yet. And if he just fucks up once, he's done. I'll have Marvin handle him"

Jackie took a deep breathe but didn't argue, "How is he going to help with the video? You going to do it with him at his place?"

He shrugged, "Maybe. We'll see. I mean I just need him to be himself in front of the camera, really and Robin can help edit it and make him look extra spooky. Sure he'll love it, too"

"Of course. Brat loves to be in the spotlight, doesn't he?" they both chuckled at that.

"Honestly I thought he'd do it anyways without demands" Sean shrugged, "But let's hope you're right, Jackie, and he won't cause trouble."

The next morning, they went to Anti's apartment together and Anti answered it just the same as he did the last time.

"The fuck you bastards want?" but Jackie could see he was nervous.

Sean took a moment to think before sighing, "If you help me with this video, I'll let you leave your apartment whenever you want"

Anti was silent for a moment, looking between them, "Why?"

"We want to give you a second chance" he said, "You disobeyed me again but it seems as though you didn't cause any trouble so. . . I'm willing to trust you for now with this if you can keep your cool in public."

Anti's face almost lit up, showing his obvious excitement.

"However" Sean went on, "When you fuck up, Anti, you're done. Either back in the apartment or Marvin will lock you up. I'll decide when the time comes"

"Don't you mean 'if'?"

Sean shook his head, "You and I both know you'll get into trouble eventually, Anti. But if you're so adamant about being outside then fine. So will you help or not?"

Jackie watched the whole conversation with a little unease. He knew Sean was strict with Anti but did he really need to be so cruel? Not that Jackie didn't agree. It was better than killing him, he supposed.

Anti looked a little downtrodden but nodded, "Fine. Can't wait to prove you wrong. You thinking that I'm gonna fuck up and 'snap' like a maniac just proves that you don't know a damn thing about me. You recording here or somewhere else?"

"I'll let you know. I'll call you." with that, Sean walked off but Jackie stayed behind, feeling as if he needed to say something.

"Look, Anti. . . Don't take his words too hard. You did possess him after all. He still finds it hard to trust you"

Anti showed no emotion, "That was a year ago. Besides, it didn't hurt anyone. What's it matter? It all over and done. In the past."

"I'm talking about when you first possessed him. You know. . .when you cut his neck and almost killed him three years ago?"

". . . . I don't see a scar on him, do you?" he pulled down his hoodie to show his own neck scar, "I never once hurt him. Now get the fuck out so I can go out and enjoy my day for once"

Jackie, although confused, walked off tailing behind Sean. Was what Anti said true? He really thought that that had happened to Sean but then again, Sean doesn't talk about that time. It was a Halloween he chose to never remember.

Plus if Anti did that to himself. . . . .why? Is that how he got the scar then? Did he do that to himself? Why had he possessed Sean to begin with?

Back with Anti, the glitch jumped up and down in excitement, happy as hell to be able to have this moment.

'What should I do first?' he thought to himself. Without being constantly watched, he could do just about anything now. Although he still had to keep a low profile in case someone recognized him. He suddenly had the perfect idea.

Leaving the hair salon, he ran his hands through his now newly dyed green hair. Since Sean had his brown hair back, it made Anti look less like him with the new color and style. Plus it was extra soft after getting conditioned and pampered so he loved running his fingers through it.

He heard some giggling nearby and looked over to see a couple of girls gawking at him. Changing his mood, he scowled and pulled his hood back up. He knew they probably thought he was cute but he didn't have the patience for talking to others or stupid crap like that. He preferred to observe than interact unlike Sean.

It was coming on nightfall some hours later when he decided to head back home. He got a lot of air and fun in being out in the open stretching his legs but it was time for bed now. Maybe he'd look at some Tumblr stuff before bed. . . .

"Hey Anti" he heard a voice nearby and froze. Looking over in the dark corner of the building he was walking by, he saw a figure almost like a shadow with gleaming red eyes glaring at him.

Anti almost felt the need to shrink but stood tall, trying to seem as unaffected as possible although he did glitch out just a hint, "Dark. The fuck do you want?"

He gave a sinister smile.