A Gift

When Jackie had come in to see what the yelling was all about, he was pissed off. He then saw Chase holding onto Anti, both of them crying and Chase apologizing a river holding him close. It was sight but he rushed in along with Henrik and Marvin and Jameson had dragged Chase out, prying him away from Anti who was curled into a ball sobbing. It broke Jackie's heart.

He kept mumbling to himself but Jackie doubted he knew he was even doing it. He kept mumbling, 'I'm sorry. I'm a monster. I should die. Die, die, die'

Henrik was trying to talk to him. . . .

After Anti's little episode, Jackie and Henrik stayed with him in his room for a while. Anti didn't really like it but didn't make them leave. He didn't know why.

"And you don't have a headache? No dizzy veelings?" Henrik kept questioning him.

"No, I'm fine" Anti mumbled.

Jackie had forced him in his arms laying down on the bed, using his arm as a pillow for Anti's head. They were worried that Chase hurt him, causing the 'scene'.

"And you're sure Chase didn't touch you beforehand?" Jackie asked him.

Anti grumbled, "I'm sure." he tried not to look at Jackie. Jackie had a weird knack for telling how others felt. Sort of like Jameson but Jackie was more outspoken with it. The hero in him.

"You're not protecting him, are you?" Jackie narrowed his eyes at him, "Because if he did hit you, you can let us know, Anti. Chase has already hurt you on accident a few times here in the last couple of days. You don't need more injuries" he chuckled, trying to make light of the situation but it wasn't working.

Anti wouldn't look at him, keeping his head turned, "He didn't do anything to me. I'm fine. I'm not weak"

They were silent for a few moments before Henrik sighed, sitting down on the edge of the bed, "He may not have physically hurt you, Anti. But I can tell he said something. Made you hurt in a different way. I know you von't want to talk about it, however, so we'll just try and keep Chase away from you for a while, yes?"

"Yeah, just chill out in here and if you need anything" Jackie unlatched a walkie-talkie from his belt and put it in Anti's hands, "Let me know, okay? I'll be there for you quicker than you can say 'hop to it'"

Anti cracked a smirk a little but hid it as a small snarl. Jackie knew better, however, and smiled, "I'm gonna go get you something, first. I'll be back in about an hour, alright?" he pulled away from Anti in the bed but the glitch found himself not wanting Jackie to leave.

He hated to admit it, but his brother had a way of comforting someone that sent warmth into you like hot chocolate or soup. It was an almost homey feeling. Was this what it felt like to feel at home? He almost wanted to snag Jackie back and cuddle into him but his pride wouldn't allow it. He may want that warmth back but he still hated to be touched.

Or was it that he just didn't like to be touched by Chase?

Curious as to what Jackie wanted to go get, Anti couldn't stop himself from asking, "What are you getting?"

"It's a secret surprise, bro. Don't worry, you'll love it" Jackie winked before walking out of the room.

Henrik stood back up and stretched his back a little, "Alright, alright. You're sure you're-? Nevermind. I know vhat you'll say. Just rest, alright? Jackie vill be back soon. Want the TV on?"

Anti shook his head, "I'm fine"

"Of course you are" Henrik snorted, "Anti. . . . .we did hear the yelling. Don't listen to vhat Chase said, alright? Tis not true. Chase needs to learn to live with himself before trying to help others. Otherwise there'll just be pain on both ends. Rest now. Doctor's orders"