Tanjiro x Reader Fluff

The precious boy.

————

A pattern of buzzing beside you caused you to sigh in annoyance, you sat up on your bed and went to grab your phone, silencing the pesky noise.

"I thought i had turned off this alarm earlier.."

You had laid on your back before the alarm went off, unable to sleep. Thoughts about your current living keeping you awake, adorning the time you spent around your close friends in the mansion. Though, how hard we all worked you've seemingly caught feelings for a certain mahogany/red headed boy throughout the years. The only thing that bothered you about this though, was that you didn't want to interfere with his dreams. Fearing you'd only bring him worry in battle. You doubted that though as he'd always make it out on top. Though he had such a kind heart, afraid he'd mess up one day worrying about your well being.

Well, he did already.

You sort kept him away, keeping the conversations short. The reason being what you had just thought about moments ago.

Back to the present, though.

You felt a warm pang in your chest, feeling courage build as you thought about the possibilities.

Kicking your legs over the edge of the mattress, you stood and walked to your door, sulking wouldn't solve the current problem. Not necessarily one, but we all need some reassurance..right?

But you'd be telling him how you felt! You'd be getting a direct answer..not more or so reassurance. But you might get some if he takes kindly to this sudden information. You think so, more importantly just hoping everything would work out fine future wise..

You cracked your door looking around for anybody walking around, seeing no one in the halls, the view from the living room was dark meaning the candles were out. All the other doors in front of you and down are dark.

Everyone must be asleep...

Slowly walking down the hall, a dim flickering light came from under a door next to nezuko's.

A bit of happiness sparked as you were hoping he wasn't asleep so you could talk, afraid of interrupting his sleep.

You rubbed your arms with your hands to calm the mild anxiety, then knocked lightly on his door waiting for him to open the door patiently.

Creaks of wood reached you before the door cracked, seeing his eyes peer through made you smile, your heart beat slowing down.

The door opened wide after he peaked, he gave you a warm grin immediately, placing your hands over one another and closing his two down on your now folded hands asking you what was the matter. Your smile had faded and a weary expression replaced it.

You only leaned into him and closed your eyes, you felt him tense up at the sudden weight leaning against him, mainly because it was you..

Butterflies filled your stomach at the sensation of him lightly stroking your hair/back feeling the vibration of his chest onto yours by a mere laugh.

You felt him begin backing up into his room, you smiled remaining in his arms as he did this, moving your legs forward. You feeling your face heat up at how awkward this would've looked to anyone else watching at the moment. Thank god everyone else was fast asleep..