Friends

The four friends approached the line where the dark meets the light. In the one area where the frogs croaked an old  90s song  playing in the back only to come across the most terrifying thing they have ever seen: the shadow.

The next light approached quickly the friends looked around scared trying to escape from their own shadows. Trying to scare one another, using their own shadows. Raindrops burning their skin as it interrupts the last nights of memories they make

It's a wonder how the light touch of rain could make my skin jump. All my dead feel so alive. I wonder how this night would have played with you here. With him here? I know how you and I would be: quiet yet have so much to say. Constantly talking with our eyes. And with him? Oh boy, we wouldn't shut up. We would playfully argue and he would tell me every little thing he saw. God, I wish I could see the world through his eyes. I wish I Could see what you see in me. I wish I could see from his view of the world. I wish I knew every word that you thought. It's the worst that I love you so much but think about him a lot. I don't even love him. I love the view of him that he gave me. I don't even know him any more. I wish I did. I wish I knew him still like I wish you were here.