Real Love

It has been a week that we have been living in the new chapter of our lives; living as a family of 3.

My wounds are still healing and just like what I have heard, we went sleepless for nights. It is difficult but Loki and I were cherishing every step of the way together.  

Everything is new to us. I am still struggling to find the perfect way to breastfeed. Loki is slowly getting the hang of changing the diapers. It is so adorable to see him figuring how to carry our child on the first day and him trying to comfort our child when he's crying.

These little moments will be forever etched in my memories. Everything will be worth it for you my child.. Adrian Lokison. 

          "Is he asleep?" Loki whispered as he tiptoe next to me. 

I was about to sleep but was awaken by him. Just like some of the previous nights, I would accidentally fall asleep sitting up, with Adrian latched for breastfeeding. 

I got myself together and checked on our son who was sound asleep in my arms. He really resembles his father with his gentle dark eyebrows and his beautiful eyelash. All I did as a reply was to nod my head. Loki then gently took Adrian in his arms to put him back in his cot. My eyes followed how slow he walked, being so careful to not wake Adrian up. I then covered myself back with my dress as I then unknowingly fell asleep in the same sitting position. 

Without me knowing, Loki came back and laid me down to sleep. He made sure I was comfortable with the blanket over me. Before he went to sleep, he gave me a tender kiss on my forehead. 

How lucky am I to have such a loving husband.

Just a mere hour later, a loud cry echoed through our room; it was Adrian. I gasped in exhaustion as I opened my eyes. I then struggled to sit up as it hurts. Just as I was about to stand, a warm hand held me down.

           "It's alright love. Go back to sleep, I'll go check on our child." Loki said with a smile.

He then got up and tend to Adrian who was crying.

          "Hey big boy.. It's alright.. shh.. daddy's here.." Loki said with love pouring out of his heart as he carried Adrian up.

This is it. This is my true love. It's not about finding someone with the good looks and a good body. It's about having someone who truly loves and cares for you. Someone who would get up and care for your child when you're healing during your postpartum. Someone who would be there for you and your child. 

Because now, every single time I see him with our child,

I would fall in love over and over again

[EPILOGUE]

          "Uh.. love..?" Loki said with uneasiness in his voice.

Adrian was still crying, despite Loki checking that his diapers were dry

Adrian was still crying, despite Loki checking that his diapers were dry. I struggled to get up again as I smiled and laughed at how adorable Loki was. I gave a simple nod and Loki knew to pass Adrian to me. 

            "Shhh.. it's okay darling.." I said as I carried Adrian.

Loki with his eyes wide, sat next to me. He worried that there could be something wrong.

I put my pinky on the bottom of Adrian's lips and immediately knew that he was hungry again. 

          "He's just hungry." I said.

Loki immediately gave a huge sigh of relief. I looked up at him and giggled. I then breastfed our little one again as Loki made sure to be right by my side the whole time. He then out of a sudden laid his head on my thigh to look at me directly.

           "You're so beautiful my love." Loki said as he admired me.

           "Stop joking around.." I laughed as I slid my leg away. I'm clearly looking like a mess right now.

He chuckled and got back to lying on my thigh. 

           "Don't worry I'll accompany you two." Loki said as he snuggled into his comfortable position.

Well so much for that.. because he ended up sleeping too. 

Just like that, our night went by as we all snuggled together till the sun rises.

-the end-

A/N

This was inspired by an IG story that I saw, but I could not find the post anymore TT 

But I hope you enjoyed this story! (: