(16)

I woke up back in the avengers tower in New York, I was in the infirmary. My chest was covered in bandaids and gauze patches, it stung to move. I looked around and noticed I was alone. I sat up, wincing in pain and looked out the window, just staring. That's when I remembered, my phone. I looked around but it was nowhere in sight. "F.R.I.D.A.Y, where is my phone?" I questioned, a slight headache pricking my forehead. "In your bedroom sir." She replied. "Can you alert doctor banner that I have since regained consciousness and would like to message peter?" I asked her. "Right away." She replied.

A few minutes later bruce entered, my phone in his hand. "Hey kid, how are you feeling?" He asked. "I'm alright, just in a bit of pain." I replied. "Can I-" I started. He walked over to me and passed me my phone. I smiled and opened it to find calls and messages from peter, Ned, Mj and one person that made my heart stop. Andee. My jaw dropped and I took in a deep breath, bringing my knuckles to my mouth and clamping my teeth around my index finger. "You ok?" Bruce asked. I nodded and a tear escaped my eye. "Kid, What is it?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and looking at my phone. "Your aunt?" He asked. I nodded. "It's ok. Don't answer if you don't want to." He replied. I nodded but opened it anyway. It was basically from a police officer letting me know Andee had passed away in a shoot out she was caught in. "She deserved it." I mumbled, moving on to everything from my friends. "You're cold hearted. I like that." He smiled.

"Thanks. Hey what's this thing on my neck?" I asked, feeling around. "That would be stitches, your windpipe collapsed and we had to cut you open to fix it." He Said. "Speaking of, those cuts on your ribs and, chest-" He started. I cringed slightly but allowed him to continue. "You're lucky Steve got that thing off when he did. Any longer and they would have been infected to a point beyond repair. I get it, youre a teenager, you don't want to talk about hormones and puberty and shit, but you're gonna have to open up, at least with me. I'm the doctor around here and you're gonna have to realise that. I'm sorry to say, but you're going to realise it at some point in time. I meant it when I said if you need medical advice to come find me. As for now, is there anything you want or need to make you feel that you'll pass better." He asked me.

I nodded. "There's nothing at the moment I need, but Bruce?" I asked. "What's up?" He replied. "Can you go into my room and get the small blue box from my bedside table?" I asked. He nodded curiously and left. God, it felt like it had been ages since I last opened that thing. Bruce returned with the small box in his hands and walked over to me, placing it in my hands. I smiled and hugged him in gratitude as I opened the small box. Out fell a blue pacifier and a small plush toy I made a while ago. It was a gingerbread man, no more than two inches in height.

"Your first pacifier, and a gingerbread man?" He asked. "Not just any gingerbread man. I made this with my mother before she died. I really do miss her, a lot. I just, don't remember her well. I remember what she looks like but, I was too young to remember her for her personality." I Said, smiling at the small plush ginger man. "What did she look like?" Bruce asked. I showed him the bottom of the box. Glued inside was a Polaroid photo of her and I. Everything I loved about her, stripped away from me. God I wanted to kill strucker, But even that had been taken from me. "When am I gonna be ok to train?" I asked bruce, changing the topic so I wouldn't punch something. "In about a week or two. Why are you so eager?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "I miss running around the streets with peter. It's been ages, that takes a toll on someone." I replied. He nodded and gave a sympathetic smile.

"If I can get your cuts to heal sooner, you can train in a few days." He concluded. I smiled widely and pulled him into a hug, thanking him profusely. I really did miss running around with peter.