(30)

I went off to the bathroom while the others gathered in a room, talking with the blonde woman. I'd had to pee for so long before we got to the facility. When I returned, they were watching the surveillance footage from where Bucky was being evaluated. Steve picked up a photo and sighed, putting it back down as I sat down. "Why would the task force release this image to begin with?" He asked. "Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" The woman suggested. "Right, it's a Good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the winter soldier." He replied. "You're saying someone framed him to find him?" She asked. "Steve we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing." Sam started. "We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." He replied. "Yeah but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." She said.

"I'm gonna head out." I mumbled, standing up to leave as my breathing quickened. "Nuh-uh. Stay put thank you." The woman said to me with the most snobby, motherly tone. "Really I need to-" I started, feeling my hands start shaking. "You need to stay here. You're not supervised elsewhere and lord knows what a kid like you would get up to on your own." She replied, tone somehow intensifying. "Ma'am please-" I was cutoff yet again by her bitchy tone. "Sit and stay. You legally cannot leave." She replied. I looked to Steve with a panic stricken look. He looked down at my shaking hands and nodded. "Sharon let him go, please." Steve interrupted. "As much as I would love to-" She started. "He's having an anxiety attack, let him go or I'll leave with him." Steve replied. "Fine but I'm sending someone out with him." She replied, picking up her phone to message someone. I felt like the walls were closing in on me every second that passed.

When someone finally arrived to escort me out I was hyperventilating and my whole body was shaking as tears streamed down my face. "Quit overreacting." The officer stated. I didn't have enough strength to reply. I just fell to the cold concrete floor, tugging my knees to my chest and sobbing as the world closed in on me and I lost feeling. I felt like I was asleep but I knew I wasn't. I was conscious but in a dark and empty space. I looked around and sighed, sitting down and waiting. It seemed like I was sitting there for hours but in actual fact it was just a minute. I woke back up, laying out on the floor. I had fallen from where I was sitting, as evident by how my legs and arms were positioned. I got up and headed back inside, holding my bleeding elbow in my left hand. "What happened to you?" Sam asked. "Fell." I replied, sitting down. There was a loud and powerful blast set off as we looked around at each other. "Sub-level 5, east wing." Sharon said.

I got up and followed Steve and Sam as we ran, hoping to catch Bucky in time. We all turned a corner, me falling behind. We walked into a room as steve jumped ahead, picking up some guy by the collar and wall-pinning him. "Who are you and what do you want?" He asked. "To See an empire fall." The man replied. Sam was being occupied by Bucky. "Steve help me out here." I said, switching my gaze between the two of them. "Come on." He said, letting go of the man and running off to help. I followed loosely behind as Steve and Bucky fought. "Fuck me dead if this goes sideways." I mumbled, running up to and behind Bucky as he fought with tony. "Kid, get out of here!" Tony yelled, before being punched in the face. I jumped and kicked Bucky over to Nat, trying to help. "Kid, get out!" Tony yelled again. "Not without a fight." I replied, focusing on opening a portal underneath Bucky that would drop him through the floor and back from the ceiling.

He pinned Nat against a table before I could open it as t'challa took over. He ran off up some stairs as the king and I chased after him. They fell down the stairs and continued to fight as I continued to struggle to open a portal. Small sparks appeared but nothing else. T'challa kicked Bucky off some railing as he disappeared. "Fuck!" I yelled, punching the wall beside me. "Kid you're going home, now." Tony said, showing me a photo. I refused and looked around as I felt my phone vibrate. I looked down to a message from Steve. "Heading with Bucky to a safe house. Meet us there." Followed by an image. "Portals aren't working, try an address?" I replied. "Focus, Deep breaths. Shoulders back and breathe." Steve replied. I sighed and tried, opening a small portal before me. It was big enough to run and jump through if I tried. I kept my hands in the air and ran towards it, jumping through and closing it. Before long, the others were there, setting Bucky up inside of some machine.