4: Faithful Encounter

After a series of introduction, Zhang Meihui already had a good grasp about the people in the village.

The dynasty she was currently in is not written in history books in the modern times, so she knew that this world is somewhat of a parallel to her previous world.

"Big sis, you wait here for awhile. I'll just get us something to eat."

Before she could respond, Xiao Wen was already in a distance. She sighed and her gaze fell in a stall not far from where she is.

The stall was selling different accessories. She only took her time inspecting the goods but didn't have any plan to buy when suddenly, her attention was caught by something.

It was a silver hairpin decorated with green Jade. She was so captivated that she didn't realize when her hands reached up for it until another hand grabbed the hairpin.

When she raised her head, she was met with a pair of eyes that is burning with jealousy.

Her mind worked up as she realized that the girl opposite her was the one who is considered to be the most beautiful in the village, Wu He Lin.

Wu He Lin looked at her with contempt in her eyes as she swept her gaze on Zhang Meihui's body. She pursed her lips before flicking her sleeves and went to the counter.

Zhang Meihui stared at her back, confused as to why the girl felt contempt towards her.

She felt it was weird but didn't linger on it. She has just entered but since the thing that caught her attention was seized by someone, there is nothing else for her to stay here. She made her way towards the entrance but before she could step her foot out of the door, a masculine chest hit her. Her nose flattened as she shrieked in pain while stepping backward and rubbing her red nose.

Her gaze trailed from the chest in which she had bumped up to the person's face and was met with those dark phoenix eyes. Her breath hitched as she stared.

Those phoenix eyes narrowed as they stared straight at her.

"This young master, what would you like to buy?"

She was pulled out of her daze when the shopkeeper interjected between them.

She hurriedly bowed her head and excused herself out from the embarrassing situation she was in.

As she exited the shop, she took one last glimpse of that figure before scurrying away and went home.

She was also worried that the little guy, Xiao Wen, would be left alone in the house now the the sun is setting.

As she neared the house, she saw a figure not far from her holding paper lantern and lighting the way.

"Big sister!"

She smiled as they both went inside the house. She was greeted by old grandpa Zhou who is counting the coins on a table.

Grandpa Zhou smiled when he saw Zhang Meihui and Xiao Wen entering the house.

"Mei-er, I've already cooked something in the kitchen. After you eat your fill, sleep early. Tomorrow, you can help Xiao Wen in feeding the chickens."

After hearing what old Zhou said, she headed towards the kitchen and filled her grumbling stomach.

Zhang Meihui barely had enough of what she eat. She is a person of the modern world, she was used to have a meal of three times a day. While in this ancient era, those who have the luxury to eat three times a day were only those wealthy people. Peasants can't afford it and could only fill their stomach two times a day.

As she thought about her previous life and her current life, she couldn't help her drowsiness and slumber finally took her.