7: Deceitful Wu He Lin

"Two pieces of this please."

"Here."

She gave the two pastries wrapped in an oil paper to the old woman after receiving the coins.

Not long after the woman left, a clamor broke not far away from her stall which made Zhang  knit her brows.

She entrusted to Xiao wen the stall first before scampering to see what it was.

"Excuse me."

After pushing and pulling, she finally made it into the front.

What greeted her was Wu He Lin's unkempt clothes. Her face is twisted with a scowl. Not far from her is a girl with the same age, and standing by the girl's side is a guy with cockiness clearly seen on his face.

Zhang Meihui furrowed her brows, clear of the ongoing situation.

Wu He Lin stomped her foot as she pointed her finger at the duo opposite of her.

"You b*tch! How dare you seduce Zhao Ke?!"

The girl folded her arms in front of her chest while grinning.

"Heh. You say I seduce him? How shameless can you be, Wu He Lin? We were already a pair long before you met him. Really as shameless as her mother."

"Ning! Lu! Wan!"

After hearing what the girl said, Wu He Lin almost fainted of anger.

Her eyes scanned the surroundings only to see people looking at her with eyes filled with ridicule and disdain. Her eyes met those of Zhang Meihui and envy arose once more as hatred filled her whole being. She hated and envies the beautiful Zhang Meihui. She wish she could drown her into the sea.

Zhang Meihui felt Wu He Lin's piercing gaze thrown at her and was taken aback. She touched her nose, unaware of why she was being glared at.

Walking out of the crowd, she went back to her stall.

"Big sis, what is happening there?"

The curious Xiao Wen scampered forward and sat next to her, gazing at her with those eyes filled with curiosity and naivety.

She let out a sigh before ruffling the little fellow's hair.

"Nothing. Don't bother yourself with those insignificant things."

The little guy scrunched up his nose while still pondering. Zhang Meihui couldn't help but laugh, seeing how adorable the little fellow is.

The both spent their day in the docks. Afternoon came and they both packed up their things before making their way back to the village.

On their way, they both ended up meeting Wu He Lin on the road home.

Zhang Meihui and Xiao Wen continued walking while Wu He Lin stopped on her tracks and looked at the back of Zhang Meihui.

Her eyes burning with envy. She clenched her hands tightly as though she was clutching something between her fingers.