16. Saving a Stranger

As the fight went on, the man overpowered his enemies and killed them without a trace of remorse on his face.

Though he managed to kill the assailants, he was also deeply wounded on his chest. His face paled before collapsing unto the ground unconscious.

Zhang Meihui bit her lips. Not knowing what she should do. Should she step out and help him? Or should she just run as far as she could away from this dangerous man who was omitting a murderous aura at the moment.

Finally, after a moment of contemplating, she still decided to help the man. Even though his murderous aura makes her suffocate, but her conscience also can't bear to just let him be in the mountains where ferocious beasts are lurking around, the scent of blood from the two dead bodies and his wounded chest will surely attract those beasts.

Zhang Meihui went near and started dragging the two dead bodies into the thorned bushes and covered them with those bushes along with some of the dried leaves on the ground.

After doing so, she cleared all the traces of blood and covered them with soil. Finishing it all, she went near the man and looked at him for a second before she started lifting the man up and supported him on his shoulders.

It took her long to find a hidden cave far away from the place where the fight just happened. Pushing the vines away, she was greeted with the narrow entrance of the cave.

As they would not fit if they both walk together inside, she resorted into dragging the man.

When they got inside, she finally had the chance to inspect the cave. It is spacious, perfect for them to temporarily hide.

She went in a corner and lay the man down before going out again to look for branches to make a fire.

A few moments later, Zhang Meihui put the branches she collected in the center of the cave while panting.

She pick up the branches and made fire to lighten up and warm the cave.