6: The Ruthless General

"Sir?"

He was pulled back out of his thoughts and stared at the girl in front of him, his face not giving an ounce of emotion.

Still looking with those cold dark eyes, he throw her a glance before turning around and leaving.

Zhang Meihui was left not knowing what to do. Her throat almost dry from talking, only for the guy to left in the end without buying.

She stomped her feet, angered to the point where her knuckles turned white from clenching it hard. She bit her lips as she tried to calm herself down.

That man is one who she can't afford to offend. Better avoid trouble, she is not yet familiar with this world.

"Big sis?"

Zhang Meihui jumped in fright and looked down only to be met with Xiao Wen's worried gaze.

"Big sis, are you okay?"

"Ah? En, big sis is fine. Nothing to worry about."

They both resume doing their business.

Inside a ship in the docks, the same guy who went to Zhang Meihui stood, gazing at the workers on the docks.

"General, are we going back to the capital now?"

The young lad didn't answer for a moment before nodding.

"En."

The subordinate bowed before turning and leaving.

The man was left there standing as the ship started sailing away from the docks.

Zhang Meihui, sitting leisurely in front of her stall, didn't know that she had just met one of the famous person in the capital.

The one who is deemed as the ruthless general in the battlefield.

The ruthless general, Wang Shen Ying, is known for his sly and decisive tricks in the battlefield. He is considered a demon in the battlefield. Always carrying with him a cold and mysterious aura.

The ship went further and further away from the docks as the silhouette of the man gets little by little until nothing can be seen.

Zhang Meihui sighed exasperated, the sun was beginning to set before the two decided to packed up their things and went back home.

"Xiao Wen, you go in first. Big sis will just go fetch something."

"En."

Briefly nodding, the guy started running inside the house while calling for grandpa Zhou.

She made a detour and went inside a thatched hut behind their house. She began tucking the things they used for selling and afterwards close the door before making her way inside the house.

"Mei-er, I'll be going to the capital tonight to do something and probably stay there for a few days, you take care of Xiao Wen and our field."

Old man Zhou suddenly said as he walked out of the yard with a bundle of cloth bag.

"Grandpa, don't worry. I'll behave so that big sis won't spank me!"

When she heard those words, Zhang Meihui narrowed her eyes and sent a mischievous look to Xiao Wen's  direction which caused the little guy to almost pee in his pants.

The old man chuckled before waving goodbye at both of them. As the two watch his figure getting smaller and smaller, the sun has set already and only then did the two went back inside their house.