12. The Fifth Prince's Rebellion

It was just two days ago when the old man Zhou told her about the problem at the capital when news of the fifth prince's rebellion came not long after.

As they lived near the capital, they were also affected by the rebellion.

Soldiers are patrolling every now and then. They weren't allowed to travel without permission. And each person who enters and exits the towns and cities are strictly guarded.

As old man Zhou often travels to export vegetables and fruits to the capital to sell, it became hard for him to travel.

Zhang Meihui and Xiao Wen's business at the docks were also stopped due to the rebellion. All the workers and peddlers were forced to stop as the emperor suspects that there might be some connections of the fifth prince amongst them.

Zhang Meihui couldn't do anything and could only sigh. She thought tha living in this ancient era is really hard.

Xiao Wen ran in from outside giggling. As old man Zhou went to the fields, Zhang Meihui was the only one inside the house doing embroidery.

She lifted her head and saw Xiao Wen running from outside the house. She couldn't help but chuckle as she looked at his silly looks.

"Big sis! Big sis! Look at this!"

Cupping his hands together, he presented what's inside to Zhang Meihui.

And what she saw scared the hell out of her wits. It was a small snake with stripes around its body.

"Xiao Wen! You throw it out! It might bite you! Quickly throw it!"

Not waiting for the little guy to react, she immediately slapped his hands and the little snake was flung away out of the house. It scampered before disappearing into the bushes.

Zhang Meihui heaved a sigh of relief but when she turned her eyes back to the little guy, she saw tears brimming to fall down and she hurriedly wiped it away.

"Hushed, don't cry. Big sis will get you something that is much better than it, just don't touch those things anymore. It might hurt you, okay?"

Being only a six years old child, he was easily pacified by her and finally stop. After that, he ran away again and Zhang Meihui could only shake her head as she picked up her embroidered dress and continued embroidering.

She didn't know how to embroidery, but the body she was occupying knows and it seems like it is already engraved in her head the techniques on how to do it.