9. The Scum Shopkeeper

Standing in front of a medical store, Zhang Meihui contemplated wether to go inside or turn back home.

Her hands clasped the ginseng, confuse of what she should do with it. After she dug the ginseng from the mountains, the first thought that came into her mind is to keep it in case they need it someday. But after a more careful thought, she still decided to go to the town and sell it.

They can use the money for grandpa Zhou and Xiao Wen, the two had been malnourished since they have been impoverished and that they have no money to see a doctor.

After contemplating for awhile, she decided to go inside. As she stepped inside the store, she saw a fat middle-aged man.

The man also looked at her and upon noticing her clothes, he frowned and a hint of disdain flashed through his eyes.

"May I ask you to appraise how much is this?"

She presented the ginseng she was holding. And as the man saw it, a shrewd look flitted in his eyes before quickly disappearing.

"Is the Miss here to sell these?"

He asked with hesitation and a hint of excitement.

Zhang Meihui nodded her head while clenching her fist. She felt uneasy for no reason. Being stared at like that by the middle-aged man made her hairs at the back stood on end.

"May I see?"

Zhang Meihui hesitated before handing the herb to the man. The man scrutinized it carefully before nodding his head.

"Six taels."

Zhang Meihui couldn't help but knit her brows. She feel that there is something wrong, but she couldn't put her hands on what it is.

She hesitates for a second before nodding her head. Though it is not a lot, but it is enough for them.

After receiving the payment, Zhang Meihui walked out of the store thereafter.

Gripping the money within her hands, she strolled around the market and finally stopped in front of a store that sells different kinds of seed crops.

Walking inside the store, she saw different kinds of crop seeds. She surveyed each bag of seeds to see.

After strolling around the store, she took with her a pack of seeds with different seeds such as eggplant, cabbage, radish, tomato to buy , and squash. It cost her one silver and thirty copper coins to buy those.

She brought it to the counter and paid the bill before she walked out of the store.

Looking up at the sky, she noticed that the weather seems off and it seems like it's raining. She hastened her step as she worried about Xiao Wen that was left in the house.