2

Next day

Next day

Y/N

I fluttered my eyes open, feeling the sunlight from my window graze my skin. Sitting up straight as I rubbed my eyes I cringed at how my skin felt, it felt dry and itchy because of the tears that rolled down my face. It was really funny how I thought I had my life sorted out. I scoffed as I forced myself off my bed and have a shower to get ready for the day.

Once I was done getting ready, I made my way down to my kitchen. As soon as I walked in I spotted my mother humming tunes, a wide smile playing on her lips as she made breakfast. That was weird, she normally held no expression. I shook off the thought as I walked towards the table to seat myself, only to see my father smiling widely while reading the newspaper. 

Did I miss something while I was asleep? It was weird seeing my parents being so joyful, especially after what happened yesterday. "Good morning father," I said cautiously as his head rose to face me. "Good morning Y/N." Something's wrong. Never had my father greeted me with a smile on his face, the expression was confusing me beyond a healthy limit. "Morning darling!" Mother made her way over to the table with two plates in her hand. I smiled back not wanting to cause any more trouble. 

We had our breakfast in a quiet atmosphere with occasional small talk. This setting wasn't a bad one, but there was something about how my parents kept smiling the whole time. It was obvious something beneficial took place. I tried not to think about it too much and just focused on maintaining things that way.

After finishing my breakfast, I had almost started to walk up to my room until my mother had called out to me. "Do I help you with anything?" I questioned, she just shook her head and continued. "We're celebrating your Graduation honey. I want you to dress up for the evening, call me if you need any help." Celebrating my graduation? Something was off and I knew I needed to brace myself for whatever it was that my parents were up to. I nodded my head as a yes and walked up to my room. 

Sitting at my desk I turned on my computer. As I waited for it to turn on, my mind traveled back to a while ago. There was no way there would be a normal celebration, something was up and my hunch about it was not ready to leave. Whatever it was I just tried not to think about it as I started to wonder where Yoongi was all morning. I hope he was getting his rest, unlike me he had taken up business and I knew he wasn't into it. Why would he? His love for music only grew stronger as he grew old, but his attitude and faithfulness to our parents always got in the way.

I refused to overthink. I started searching for a clinical job that would finally help me live off as an individual adult and not just someone who lives off of their parent's wealth. Many would find the latter convenient but I had different goals for myself. I was stubborn, so no matter what anyone said, I was determined to do what I wanted and get away someplace less judgemental. 

✡︎

I looked at myself in the mirror as I smoothed out the slight creases on the Crimson-colored dress that hugged my body, showing off more than what I felt comfortable with. It wasn't what I would prefer but it was better than the other dresses I owned, which were way out of my comfort zone. I checked up on my hair and makeup one last time before slipping on heels and accepting the eternal pain. With a sigh, I hurried out of my room to leave for the 'celebration'.