12

Next day

Next day

Jungkook

"Alright, so we have to hate each other."

Y/N's words echoed in my head, sounding more and more ridiculous as I thought over it. It was Y/N's first day at work and I dropped her off at her institution before I head to my office myself. I wasn't feeling the best, knowing that I'm going to have to act like I didn't know that Nari was up to no good. I wasn't promising any sort of decorum to be maintained if I did catch a glance at her.

I sighed about fifty times, trying my best to focus on my work and not think about certain 'issues'. I managed to close off a few deals with some clients and I was feeling a bit better when I didn't have anyone interrupting me. I just hoped for the rest of the day to pass by just as smoothly.

But luck was not on my side today.

Hearing a knock, I rolled my eyes before directing them towards my door only to see my assistant, Ms. Cha, poke her head in. "Sorry to disturb you Mr. Jeon but your wife is here."

My luck is over the top.

She opened the door wider to let Y/N in. I missed how she looked in the morning, considering she seemed like a sight for sore eyes at the moment. "Is it the wrong time?" She asked as she eyed the piles of papers scattered across my desk. "Not at all."

Leading her towards the couch, I noticed how she had a file she clung to, that she didn't have in the morning. "Is that work?" I asked. She glanced at the object before looking back at me and responding. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about." she continued, "I had Namjoon send me these documents he prepared." She placed it in front of me before leaning back and crossing her arms. I picked it up, opening it only to find the most dreaded and awaited thing at the same time right in front of my eyes.

Termination contract- Song Nari; Misconduct- unlawful/ improper behavior.

I looked up with wide eyes only to see Y/N staring back blankly. Before I could speak she started, "You don't have to do this if you're not sure okay? I understand that she would turn this ugly if you did, but I'm letting you know that this is still an option you have." I glanced back to read more thoroughly. As I did so, I felt the couch dip as Y/N moved to sit beside me, placing her arm on my back and rubbing gentle circles to assure everything was going to be fine.

I felt something strange in me, knowing that Y/N went out of her way to rid me of such a pathetic situation, despite being warned not to. The feeling felt unfamiliar, but it wasn't something I wanted to get rid of. I placed the file in front of me, turning to Y/N only to pull her closer. I didn't miss the little gasp she let out at my sudden move. She looked at me with eyes I didn't mind getting lost in, blood rushed to her cheeks as she let out a shaky breath. I leaned in further, knowing exactly where this was going. I was starting to fall for her. Never in a million years would I have thought I would get to experience this feeling, but it was happening as I closed the gap between me and her. As I inched closer I noticed her eyes shut close, leaving me with the opportunity to do what I pleased.