6

Y/N

Y/N

"Wow," Jungkook said, his food getting cold as he listened to me. "Your parents didn't seem like the ones to be so..." he stopped, not knowing whether or not he would sound rude. "Callous?" I asked, earning a look from him as if saying- "Yeah, that." I smiled at him, being done describing how my parents cared so much about money. 

"Let's not talk about it, I don't want to ruin the mood," I said, shoving my mouth with a spoonful of food. We had a good dinner, getting to know each other a little bit more. For some reason, it felt nice to open up to him. He listened with every bit of his concentration focused on me, his expressions showing how he had related to my words. 

Once we were done, he paid for dinner-despite my proposal to split the bill- and we made our way back home. I started to wonder how it was so peaceful considering Jungkook was fairly known to the public. I thought it would be him constantly surrounded by media and getting his space invaded, but it had been proved otherwise to me. 

Getting home, we parted ways, greeting each other good night and heading into our rooms. I wasted no time in getting ready for bed. Laying my back against the soft mattress, I noticed the corners of my lips curling up into a smile. I felt stupid that I believed this arrangement would be despicable, it wasn't as bad. It felt nice, knowing I wouldn't have to worry about this. 

At least that's what I hoped for.

Soon, I felt my eyes getting heavy, drifting into a deep sleep.

✡︎

Next morning

Jungkook

I had woken up to the sound of my phone blaring through my ears. Groaning because of the annoying noise, ironically reaching out to answer it. Pressing the phone against my ears, assuming who it was, I spoke out, in a rather unpleasant tone. "Ms. Cha, I told you I wouldn't be coming in for work today!"

The voice at the other end made my eyes go wide. "Jungkook! I didn't know you had the knack in you to be so impolite!" 

"I'm sorry mother. Good morning, what did you call for?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I knew I wouldn't hold my thoughts back if my mother hadn't had any important information to pass on. "I need you to go to the office today," she said. 

"Why?" I asked. "I need you to finish off with whatever work it is that you have by tomorrow." I didn't say anything, giving her the chance to explain further why she needed me to leave. "I've booked you and Y/N two tickets for your honeymoon." 

I refrained from screaming out in confusion. Why my mother had set her mind to getting me a 'family' so soon, I had no idea. I was sure she and my mother-in-law had been planning this out at a very unhealthy place. Not having the patience to argue with her so early, I spoke.