9

Y/N

Y/N

Irritated. 

That's how I felt as Jungkook and I walked through the park. Jungkook managed to shove Nari off our backs- even though it took a lot of convincing to do. I still felt peeved. There was no way she had listened to his words and left us alone. Judging by her borderline psychotic behavior- being obsessed with Jungkook- I knew she had to be watching us like a hawk as we take every step together. 

For claiming to be in love with Jungkook, she sure has a weird way of trying to win him over. But it wasn't only Nari I was worried about. Her father seemed equally manic. I felt a sense of sadness wash over me as I thought of all the 3 years Jungkook had spent under the watch of two godforsaken people. The fact that he couldn't even spill out his worries to anyone, bottled up his worries, and hid behind a mean demeanor to seem okay was what bothered me the most. 

I was happy, knowing that he trusted me with such a situation and was comfortable letting me know what it was that had him bothered for years now. "Y/N?" I whipped my head to Jungkook only to see a slightly skeptical look on his face. 

I spaced out again.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine, I just need to use the restroom, I'll be back soon you stay here." With that said, Jungkook nodded, letting go of my hand. The fading of his warmth from my palms made me sad but I needed to clear my thoughts so we could enjoy our time together. I quickly walked to the nearest restroom. As I washed my hands, I heard a voice. 

"Y/N." I rolled my eyes, turning off the tap and flicking my hands before turning to face Nari. "I knew you weren't one to listen. You haven't left yet." I said.

"Why would I listen, I'm here to have what's mine. I'm a stubborn one, I won't stop until I get what I deserve." 

"And what is that?"

"His net worth silly!" I scoffed. I knew this was too good to be true.

"I knew it. You're just another gold digger." I watched her fists ball up in anger with my words. Soon she relaxed as if acknowledging my words. Almost like she knew how pathetic she was- and she seemed proud, considering her words that followed.

"Listen, honey, I've been beside Jungkook for 3 years now. Like it or not, I've spent more time looking at him than you have- even though he didn't seem to like it. I've indeed been behind him for his money but it's been worthwhile." I furrowed my brows as she spoke.

"Meaning, I've done my deal of snooping around his office to know how much the man is worth, and let me tell you, he's an expensive one." she continued, "I value myself way too much to love a man, but I sure will sink low to get what I need- which is exactly what Jungkook has. I need you to step away, away from him, and everything he owns. I've had my eyes on everything he possesses, and you being a stick in the mud is not helping." I felt my body tremble in rage as words flew out of her mouth, not showing the slightest hint of shame.