6: Silent Scream

Silent Scream by Anna Blue

You wanted me to show more interests

To always keep a big bright smile

Be that pinky little perfect princess

But I'm not that type of child

Kayla

Who the heck are you? I swear I fell asleep under a damned tree, not a roof. God, if I had a roof to sleep under, I wouldn't be here in the first place.

Hey, you are staying in my house, dude, be nice, okay?

What? Wasn't I sleeping under a tree?

I found you and moved you here. Why were you there anyways? She radiates pure concern. Not hatred, not fear, just confusion and concern. How sweet. Like heck that's your problem. I'm ruthless towards her in any case.

If you don't want to say, it's fine.What's your name? I'm Fayth.

Kayla. It comes pouring out of my mouth. That's new. Why did I tell her that? Her aura shines green and silver, she's a happy girl. Something flickers in her aura, something I've only seen in the aura of one other person: Ashlye. That something about her that tells me to trust her.

Where are your parents? I ask her.

Th-they're not alive. Not anymore.

She holds it in but I can see the tears in her eyes. After all, I've experienced it too. Her green eyes are clouded, with all the tears blocking them. The sudden drop in the temperature around us, the way her barriers go up, protecting her from any more intrusions I might make. I can see it in her eyes, how from one moment she wants to help me but now she's wary of me. I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry. All these words pouring out, this feels like the old me. If I hadn't known that that girl was long gone, sucked into a black hole, no longer existing. And from that black hole is born a new her, a girl who no longer believes, a girl who is just a mere shadow of herself, no longer that perfect princess but a cracked statue standing strong, hiding the pain of what happens when time passes too fast, somewhere beneath.

Everyone wanted me, expected me to be perfect back then. They saw me as a perfect role model. Perfect, was what I was told to be; was what I wanted to be; was what they thought I was. It was my life. But...

Despite what they say, what they think, they don't see the cracks forming in me.

I'm imperfect.