18. Youngblood

Youngblood by 5SOS

Youngblood

Say you want me

Say you want me

Out of your life

And I'm just a dead man walking tonight

But you need it, yeah, you need it

All of the time

Yeah, ooh ooh ooh

Youngblood

Say you want me

Say you want me

Back in your life

Kayla

I look at Fayth. Her eyes are troubled, and it's obvious that she's not going to tell me what happened. I sigh.

It's time to leave. I know I left, ran away, but something tells me that it's time to leave. Something tells me that this is right.

It's time to find Ash. But...what will I tell her? What do I do, just waltz back into her life again? Believe she'll forgive me? I don't deserve her forgiveness, because I know I broke my promise first.

Life is not a fairytale. Broken relationships can't be mended. She won't forgive me that easily. I left her behind and just walked away, out of her life. Now, I want to go back but I walked out. I walked out. What right do I have to go back?

-

It's 3a.m., and everyone's asleep. I quietly slip out of the house, murmuring a silent goodbye as I leave. Maybe Fayth will know that I said goodbye. Maybe she will understand why I left. Maybe she'll know that she made a difference in the life of a broken, scared, dangerous girl.

My feet thud along the concrete pavement. Running. It's what I've always done best. Running away from my problems, everyone, everything. Running from myself. I keep my head down, my eyes staring at the ground passing by in flashes of gray and white.

Whoa!

I pause, skidding to a halt (don't die, shoes) and look up. A girl of about my age, with long hair and familiar amber-coloured eyes, stands under the glare of the streetlights. The sight of her brings back memories of a happy, carefree time, someone whom I had spent so much time together with. She stares at me for a second, and seems to have frozen in the spot.

Oh my god, she says quietly, ducking her head to avoid my stare. Kayla? Is that you?

My heart stops.