Chapter 2: Minerva & Co.

Welcome back! Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked it! Tell me if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, I do my best, but it can always slip.

- The secret pen

Jack Smith POV:

Hi! My name is Jack Smith. I work at Minerva & Co., so my boss is the famous Annabeth Jackson. You see, I started working there about a month ago. The company is extremely organized. We must not be late; the works must be finished at the due time and not later. We do not talk about anything except for our work. On the other hand, we get well-paid.

Our boss, Annabeth Jackson is a very beautiful woman. Blond, tall, tanned skin, she looks like a typical Californian. However, her grey eyes are startling. They frighten everyone. They seem to watch every move you do, which makes her the perfect person for the job.

At only 24, she is the most famous architect in the whole work. Her construction plans are ordered by rich celebrities from every continent. She is usually very cold, at least at work and then, when she is with her friends, she seems like a very different person. She smiles, laughs, and wears casual clothes, that contrast with her usual pencil skirt or work pants, blouses, and heels.

Nobody knows anything about her family or her friends. She keeps her life very private and whenever someone asks something, she changes the subject so subtly, that you find yourself talking about something else entirely without even noticing the change.

At work, she doesn't ever speak of anything except architecture. That's why I was very surprised when, one day, she came to see me and asked me if I could come to eat at her house the next day. Of course, I accepted! She was my employer after all, and you should never say 'no' to your boss. Never.

So, the next day, after work, I got in my car et drove to the address she gave me. Of course, her house was magnificent. I was sure she had done the plans; it was just so her. Quite simple, it somehow had a very elegant aura around it.

I rang at what seemed to be the main door. A few seconds later, Annabeth Jackson herself opened the door. She wore some blue jeans with a simple grey T-shirt. She had some silver owl earrings. She smiled at me and said, nicer than I had ever seen her, "Come in Mr. Smith. It's a pleasure to have you here!"

I entered and gave her the flower bouquet I had brought. She thanked me and led me to a big living room. Everything was simple yet comfortable and stylish. The walls were painted in a light gray, the sofa was a darker shade of the same color, with white cushions. The table was in a dark wood. It looked very neat, but also quite cozy. Unlike in her office at work, everything was not perfectly in place. It looked like someone lived there, which was not the case in her bureau.

"Mrs. and M. Wilson will be here too. As well as M. Taylor." They were my colleagues from work, with whom I had talked a few times. "And also, some of my friends."

At that time the bell rang. She came back with a couple. The man was handsome: sky blue eyes, short blond hair, and a small scar on the corner of his lip, he looked like a perfect model. The girl looked like a Native American, with chocolate-brown hair, with thin strands braided down on the sides. Her eyes seemed to change color like a kaleidoscope, going from brown to blue, passing by green. She was very beautiful. They were clearly in love and kept staring at one another.

Annabeth presented them. "Jason Grace and his wife Piper, who is also my best friend."

We had an agreeable conversation about Greek mythology, which we all liked. The door opened, revealing four people. One boy had a gothic look, with black hair, black eyes, and white skin. His name was Nico DiAngelo. Then, there was another boy. He had a surfer-body, shaggy blond hair, blue eyes, and an athletic build. He presented himself as Will Solace. In character, he seemed the opposite of Nico: he was funny and caring, while Nico was very quiet et dark.