Chapter 5: Happily ever after

Annabeth sat alone in Cabin 6, crying. She just had this big fight with Percy, one of those that were not regular, but hit hard when they happened and where both she and her husband would scream at one another, leaving them both angry and sad at the same time.

"You only think of yourself! You don't ever pay attention to what I want." he had screamed. Percy never screamed. Well, he did sometimes but that was when he was very mad, but never had he screamed at her before. Ever. In all those years since they had first met, she was the one in the relationship that would. And now, for the first time, she had seen anger in his eyes, anger directed at her.

Percy was one of those people who almost never get annoyed, but when they do, Gods! She had never seen him like that. They had never argued that way since before their marriage, one year ago. And even then, she couldn't recall seeing him like that.

Today, Annabeth had yelled for so long that her throat ached. Her head hurt and she felt a migraine coming, which she had not gotten in a very long time and would rather not experience again.

"Annabeth?" she heard her half-brother, Malcolm, ask.

"Hm," she muttered, quickly drying her tears with the back of her hand. She hated it when people saw her cry. She was a Hero of Olympus, she didn't cry.

"What is it?" he questioned, with a soothing tone.

"Leave me alone. Don't touch me!" she got up and ran out of her cabin, fleeing everyone she knew, which was pretty much all camp. Her brother just stood there, a bit surprised. He just shrugged it off. He had learned long ago that his sister was unpredictable.

He saw her crush Jason and then running, her head in her face, trying to contain her sobs.

Percy was sitting against the wooden door of his cabin. Poseidon's cabin was the same as ever: low, long, and solid, with all the windows facing the sea. The outer walls were a rough gray stone with pieces of seashell and coral and looked like the bottom of the ocean.

On the inside, it has six empty bunk beds and the walls glowed like abalone. Poseidon had still not got any other children, so the cabin was pretty desert, with only Tyson coming from time to time. A few bronze Hippocampi hanged from the ceiling as decorations, along with unknown underwater plants and corals, sitting in the windowsill.

It was often that he and Annabeth bickered. Everyone joked that they acted like 'an old-married couple', although they had only been married a year ago, on their anniversary and his birthday. This time, it had been more than that. Usually, five minutes after their fight, they would apologize to each other and run to each other.

It had been an hour and they were still very mad at each other. Annabeth's pride made it hard for her to ever apologize and this time, Percy decided he would not be the one doing so.

At Camp, when the famous 'Percabeth' fought, everything seemed to go wrong: nobody laughed, the pranks stopped; the time just seemed to freeze.

When it lasted long enough as to be considered important, which meant more than ten minutes, people started to choose their 'team': they were either for Annabeth or for Percy. And then, it all got wrong. The fighting started to happen, screaming ensured and the whole camp was a mess. However, as soon as the fight was over, everything turned normal again and everything was forgotten.

"Percy" the young son of Poseidon heard. "Percy, are you okay? I saw Annabeth. Did you have a fight?"

"Please Jason, leave me alone!" He screamed through the door, hating how his voice trembled with emotion.