Chapter 12: Reunion

This is more like a reunion between Sally and Percy, but I just really wanted to do it. It's kind of a 'Percabeth' story because they are together... I hope you enjoy!

- The secret pen

Percy and Annabeth stood in front of the Blofis' residence. Percy had been missing for almost a year and he hadn't seen his mother since then. He had left her a message once. He didn't know how his mom felt and he hadn't called before coming, so this would be a surprise.

"Percy" Annabeth whispered to her boyfriend, who had been standing without knocking at the door for more than five minutes. His name pronounced by his girlfriend seemed to snap him off his trance. He smiled sadly and knocked at the door.

"Coming!" he heard his mom calling, probably from the kitchen. He heard a hurried footstep and soon, the door flew open. His mom, the person he liked the most beside Annabeth stood there. She hadn't changed, except she looked tired and there were a few more grey streaks in her brown hair, probably from worrying so much about him.

She looked at him, probably not realizing just now what was happening. Her eyes started to fill with tears, which were not the first time since his son - her only child - had left.

She whispered his name before running to him. She hugged him as her life depended on it and she griped his t-shirt, not wanting to ever let go. He circled his mom with his strong arms. His shirt was tear-stained, but he didn't care, he was back.

"Mommy," he said quietly, using the name he used as a toddler. "I'm so sorry mom." Sally was sobbing loudly in his chest, inhaling the salt sent that was the trademark of her beloved child. She smiled through her tears and pulled away a bit to inspect him.

He had more scars, which pained her, but he was safe. She cupped his face with her hand and beamed. Her baby was back. She finally noticed Annabeth, who was standing a little farther. She opened her embrace, inviting the person who had almost become her daughter as well as his son's girlfriend.

They hugged each other tightly for a long time until they pulled away. Sally spotted some neighbors standing in the stairs, watching the scene either with tenderness, compassion, or curiosity. She didn't care; she ushered the couple in her apartment.

"I have some cookies," she said while drying her tears with her napkin. She walked to the kitchen and came back with a plate full of blue cookies.

She begged them to explain what happened. They explained all about New Rome, the Argo II, and the war, but decided not to talk about Tartarus, it was still too painful. If Sally noticed they were keeping Something from her, she didn't say.

They took their shower and Percy came into the kitchen, while putting a blue t-shirt as well as sweatpants. Sally turned at this moment and spotted a black mark on her son's arm. She walked towards him and lifted the sleeve, which revealed his roman tattoo.

She looked at him disbelievingly. "Perseus Jackson" he flinched at the use of his full name, which was never a good sign, "Don't tell me you got a tattoo during the war!"

"Mom. I didn't have a choice! It was the only way to enter the Roman camp." Before Sally could answer, the front door opened and her husband, Paul Blofis, entered.

He looked at Percy as if he had seen a ghost. "Percy?" he asked, more like a question. "Is that you?"