Chapter 23: Capture the Flag

Pauline Gilbert POV

I still couldn't believe it! Me, a demigoddess! Still getting over the fact my friend of one year was in a fact a satyr, I walked over this camp, Camp Half-Blood, breathing in all this mythological story.

"This is the Arena." My guide, a satyr named Grover, told me. We walked down the hill and saw pairs fighting one another with swords. One guy, from what I could see, tall, muscular, and with black hair, was walking around, correcting things, dodging swords and dagger.

"Perce!" He screamed running toward the guy in question.

"G-man! How are you doing? It's been a while, hasn't it? Oh! I forgot. Juniper was looking for you." He laughed as Grover obviously paled and began running toward the nymph's tree.

"Hi! I'm Percy!" he presented his hand for me to shake. Now that I was closer, I could see he was good looking, very good looking. He had this windswept hair and gorgeous sea-green eyes.

"I'm Pauline." I smiled back.

"Sorted yet?" Seeing my confused face, he explained. "Do you know who your godly parent is?"

"No." Percy corrected a group next to us. "Want to start training?" He asked showing as an example all the pairs.

"Sure!" Percy and I walked towards a place where arms where grouped. "Dagger or sword?" I shrugged, not really knowing.

He took one dagger out and handed it out to me. "Try this one." He suggested. "Like it?" He asked.

"Yeah." He led me to a training spot. "Let me show you something." he showed me a technique, but I was much too focused on how his muscles rippled. During the training, because of the heat, he had taken his T-shirt off.

I tried doing the same and he assured me I was doing great. We trained that way for around an hour. He walked toward the center of the arena and whistled loudly. Everybody stopped and looked at him.

"Now. For everybody. Don't forget 'Capture the Flag' tonight. For those not in my team, you're going down." They all cheered at the mention of the game and after someone explained the rules, I agreed with them.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I saw a girl climb down the hill. She was rather tall, thin, and had that magnificent hair. Her grey eyes really were creepy. A girl next to me whispered. "Daughter of Athena." From what I could figure out considering her mother, she was smart.

"Are we indeed?" She sassed, getting rather close to him, with a defiant look, raising one of her eyebrows.

"Do they hate each other?" I asked.

A son of Hermès, Travis laughed. "In a way, they do."

"You know you never win," Percy replied, a half-lopsided grin plastered on his face.

"What about last time?" She challenged. He blushed and muttered something about her tricking him.

"Why don't you say that louder." She mocked him, putting her palms on his chest, as if she was about to kiss him, which he seemed to like a lot, and then pushing him away, until he stumbled to the ground.

"You're the one going down." She teased as he tried to get up. When he finally managed, she turned around, slapping him in the process with her ponytail. Percy stayed there dumbfounded for a few seconds before asking for his team to come with him.

We all ate and got ready for the game. Percy retired to garner his armor. "So here is the plan," Percy yelled for us to come near him. He explained everything, like where the flag was to be placed and would be guarded by Katy and Piper.

"Any question?" He asked. He looked around, thinking his plan was rather easy to understand. A girl raised her hand and he nodded toward her.

"Want to go out with me?" She asked, trying to sound seductive.

"Let me rephrase the question. Any questions about the game? No? Good luck everyone."

"Heroes!" Chiron's voice echoed in the vast forest. "Usual rules. No voluntary killing or maiming. Flags must be visible, guarded by maximum of two guards. The creek is the boundary line. I'll serve as the camp healer and referee. Good luck!" The last bell rang, signaling the game has begun.

There was two teams. The blue one was with Poseidon, Demeter, Dionysus, and Aphrodite. The red one was with the Athena, Hephaestus, Ares, and Hermès. I was in Percy's team. We ran for a very long time before we spotted the enemy flag.

"Zeus fist." Percy talked to himself. "Same old Annabeth."

Several arrows flew from various directions. Percy dodged one, caught another one, and slashed the others with his sword, Riptide, that he had uncalled.

The captain of the red team appeared out of nowhere and took her dagger out, getting in combat position. I moved to the side, just to be sure.

"Bring it on, Seaweed Brain." She teased him, flipping her hair in an enticing way. Percy stared at her, his eyes narrowing, knowing he had to attack before she distracted him too much.

Percy turned his pen into a sword and gripped it with force, analyzing the situation before charging at her. They were going so fast I could barely see who was doing what. As the fight progressed, the attack became harder and closer in time. They ducked each other's weapon, turning in a circle as each tried to get the best of the other.

Percy managed to disarm Annabeth, but she continued to fight with bare hands. Percy threw his sword away and they both started to roll in the dirt, trying to immobilize the other. Percy was a little more powerful and he climbed on top of the daughter of Athena, not letting her move.

They had rolled to a point that Annabeth's dagger was at arm's reach. Annabeth leaned forward and started to kiss Percy. Percy closed his eyes, in pleasure. Annabeth, however, let her eyes open and grabbed her knife, pointing it at Percy's throaty.

"We have the flag!" someone from the red team screamed, while the whole team cheered.

"You tricked me." Percy cried out; his voice filled with indignation.

"And you fall for it every time." she smiled sweetly, helping him get up.