Definitely The One.

"Thank you babe

"Thank you babe." Smiling at Jeremiah, as I sat down in the chair he held out for me. Jeremiah insisted on going out to eat tonight, even though I'm very thankful, there is still room for suspicion.  However, it'll be a cold day in hell before I turn down an meal and with the busy hours Angel has me working at the salon, I needed and deserved a chill dinner with my man.

"No problem sexy." Jeremiah smirked grabbing the menu from off the table taking a quick glance, before placing it back on the table staring at my exposed chest. This push-up bra I got a few weeks ago was going it's thang, and let me not leave out this Fenty Body Lava that has my shits glowing.

I decided to go with Ratatouille, a French Provençal stewed vegetable dish, this old couple behind us ordered it a minute ago and I couldn't help but be all up in their table with all that smoke coming from their plates. Jeremiah's simple ass ordered shrimp and french fries, you don't come to a boujie restaurant and order simple shit. Now watch he be all up in my plate.

"No funny shit, that shit was good bae." Poking the inside of my mouth with my tongue, mean mugging Jeremiah from across the table as he scrapped the inside of my skillet with his spoon getting all the access sauce, of MY meal. After getting fed up with having to scrap portions on his plate, I just opted to finish off my Caesar salad while his ass went to town.

"You mad aggy, shrimp and fries headass..."

"You love me chill. But on a serious note... we needa talk princess." Grabbing the black cloth from off his lap whipping the corners of his mouth, Jeremiah looked dead at me with a serious look upon his face. "I've been really really think about it and praying on it, because I don't want to run you away but at the same time, I don't know why it would. We been fucking wit each other for-..."

"Jeremiah can you just say it please." Instantly nodding his head realizing he was rambling, he placed the cloth down on the table straightening up in his chair. "I'm strongly considering moving back you New York, well not considering like I am."

Taken back by his announcement, I sat up in my seat contemplating my next choice of words as Jeremiah watch me intensively. Jeremiah really thought this entire conversation through, because if we weren't in front of all these white people... he woulda heard what the fuck I had to say.

"So basically this it's really a conversation, more like a notification. Right or wrong?"

"Nah it is a conversation, cause I want you to come with me." Instantly stiffening, Jeremiah immediately reached over the table grabbing my hands locking them with his. "Look I know you haven't been down here for awhile, I get it. But you not ready for a new scene, think about it. I could really take my producing to the next level, all my connects down there. And do you know how far you can go with hair down in New York, you can open ya own shit Jhene. I just think you losing that drive you had when we first got together. Working at Angel's salon was supposed to be temporary, I think you settling beloved."

Looking down at the table, I pulled my hands out of his running them over my thighs repeatedly. Everything he was saying was right and I hated it, working at the salon was supposed to be a quick way to build up my money but it was sort of becoming a routine.

I  wanted more. I deserved more.

"So like, you gonna move in... like... together?"

"Well I mean we basically already live together, all ya pads and shit in my damn bathroom cabinet. All ya vitamins on my kitchen counter. Ya damn wigs in my closet. Ya-..."

"Okay okay damn, point taken." Taking a few minutes to process what I was agreeing to, I instantly remembered my motto. What's for me is for me.  Since I didn't take the opportunity to make change on my own, maybe God slapped this route in front of me for a reason. "Okay but I'm decorating, I'm not boutta be sleeping in a black themed bedroom Jeremiah Tyree."

...

"Dis definitely the one, I like the vibe Jhene

"Dis definitely the one, I like the vibe Jhene. We can do some things on this counter too shawty."

"Jeremiah get ya ass off that damn counter and act like you got some damn sense." I whisper yelled, holding my lips tight together like a black mom does when they kids disregard the don't touch anything  conversation as soon as they step in the store.

Quickly fixing my facial expression as the Realtors sashayed into the kitchen looking down at her IPhone, texting away quickly. Kate, she was an older white woman, but she was very down to earth and patient with my indecisive ass. I couldn't decide if it was smarter to go with a fitting apartment, or a homey home. Of course Jeremiah thinks it's a smarter idea to buy a house for a big family, but I refuse to be in a seven bedroom home with just the two of us.

All those vacant rooms, I think not.

"So how are you feeling Ms. India about this one, I see-..."

"It's Mrs. Neverson." Jeremiah interrupted walking over to the backdoor, looking out into the backyard ignoring the irritated stare I was sending his way. Rolling my eyes at him, I looked back over to the Kate with a nervous smile plastered across my face.

"Two bedrooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen, roomy family room, love the dining room space, an office, a basement area for J, garage, like it's actually perfect." Not to mention we were only thirty minutes away from his Mother's house, ten minutes away from Ella's apartment, and twenty minutes away from Jason. Surrounded by family, something I've always dreamed of.

"Don't forget this patio out back bae, have ya ass bent over that banister-..."

"AND THE GARAGE has room for both cars and good storage space. I really like this one." Looking from Jeremiah to me with a disturbed look, Kate quickly nodded reaching in her pocket holding out keys in front of my face. 

"So what's it gonna be?" Watching as the keys swung back and forth, I peeked over at Jeremiah as he walked over throwing his arm around my neck smiling down at me. Feeling both sets of eyes on me, I closed my eyes doing a quick prayer, before snatching the keys from her hands.

"FINALLY!" Jeremiah and Kate yelled in unison, as let out a little laugh taking in this surreal moment.

Should I tell Monica?