I Don't Deserve You.

Y'all getting two chapters today, I ain't that heartless 💜🤣

...

"How you been?" The calmness in his voice and demeanor was making me feel uneasy, I ran this moment over and over again in my head throughout our time apart. Would he scream at me, cuss me out, pop up and tell me he's in a whole relationship... but all he wanted to know, was how I'm doing.

Breaking eye contact looking down at my white sweatpants, I moved my tongue along the inside of my mouth as Jeremiah shifted his head to the side watching me intensively. "Pretty good, I saw the roses. They are beautiful, I'm guessing you already know uh... my Mom bought me a salon and-"

"Ya Mom?" Looking up at Jeremiah, we both busted out laughing as he nodded his head biting his bottom lip smiling. "And yes... I heard. I knew you'd love that location." Catching that remark he slipped in there, I opped on asking about it wanting this conversation to keep going as smooth as it was.

"Yea and uh... other than that it's been pretty... pretty lonely in this big ol house honestly. But I've been taking it day by day getting more comfortable, but it's... it's not the same." Quickly wiping away the tear that ran down my cheek forcing a small smile upon my face, I looked up at Jeremiah as he looked down at the ground tensing his eyebrows. "How have you been?"

Feeling uneasy as silence came over us, I immediately regretted asking that question feeling the vibe began to change. "My label blowing up overnight man, it's so surreal especially since I almost gave up a few years back. Just signed two male artist and a girl group, money finna start coming in heavy and I just feel so accomplished on some real shit."

"I'm so proud of you Jeremiah, you wanted something and you went right out there and got it. You did all this on ya own, and I hope you know how blessed you are Jeremiah... I wish you nothing but success." Nodding his head slowly, Jeremiah leaned up from the couch looking back over at me withholding a cold blank expression on his face.

"I gotta question... was I not enough? Was I not there for you, did you feel lonely... was I not fucking y-... were you not attracted to me no more? What- what was it Jhene?" Each question hit harder as they flew out his mouth, allowing his words to corner me I began to get flashbacks of the anger he revealed to me during our heated conversation in the bathroom.

"No. No. Jeremiah no. I love you, ever since the first day I saw you, you've become a part of me. No matter how hard I tried to fight this connection, I found myself worrying about you... praying about you... throughout the... the entire day. You were there for me in every single aspect and then some, every morning that I have to wake up alone it breaks my heart. When I had to go through my grand opening without you by my side... shit just ain't feel right. Kingston was a dumb, nasty, and stupid ass mistake Jeremiah. I was drunk and just did some dumbass shit, that I will never forgive myself for. I'm so sorry... and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. And it's going to hurt me to say this but, I don't deserve you Jeremiah."