Chapter 5

Sorry bout the late update. I entered a writing contest and it took some time but I should really stop waiting so long to update...
______________________________________

        "So he just randomly showed up claiming to have escaped from some place where he claims there were demons," Elsword summarized after (y/n) had told him everything about his first encounter with the demon elf hyrid. Of course, (y/n) had left out the parts where his mother was mentioned and lucky for him, Ykuei didn't attempt to correct him or add to the story. The team was gathered in the downstairs common area of the inn having not caught the person responsible for threatening (y/n). Everyone sat down except (y/n) and Ain for their own reasons.

        "He also mentioned something about a revival but I don't know anything else about it," (y/n) said with a nod to confirm Elsword's earlier statement. "He shouldn't exist," Rena suddenly mutter in wonder. "What do you mean by that?" Raven asked her in curiosity as all eyes went to her except Ykuei who took the opprotunity to hide behind (y/n). "I get what you mean by that. His very existence is a miracle but also a dangerous occurance. I'm surprised he's suvived for very long," Lu commented.

        "Right, so you understand too then. Ykuei has both qualities of an elf and qualities of a demon. His mana output is probably off the charts and if in the wrong hands...he could be used as a dangerous living weapon," Rena said. "So what do we do about it? He knows something about what's going on here in Lanox and he certainly has connections to whoever that guy was that was about to attack (y/n). How do we know he's telling us the truth. There's no way to prove that he is," Aisha explained.

        The team seemed conflicted but (y/n)'s mind was already made up. Ykuei knew about his mother and likely knew exactly where she was. He couldn't let Ykuei fall into the hands of the enemy again and he couldn't let his team shun him either. Illipia had confirmed that he wasn't lying but (y/n) didn't think it was such a good idea to say such a thing. The El Search Party had just been introduced to Ykuei so for (y/n) to reveal that he could now directly speak to the goddess Illipia just might be a little too much for them to handle.

        "Well, what do you think, (y/n)? I'd think that you off all people would have distrusted him the most especially considering your history," Elesis said. He was a little startled to be put on the spotlight but he didn't show it. "Why would I be the one most likely not to trust him? And what does my history have to do with this?" (y/n) questioned. "Your entire village was destroyed by demons," Ara muttered. "A demon kidnapped Vapor and tried to kill you," Add said. "You already have trust issues. It is quite alarming for you to easily trust this person without a solid reason other than his seeming innocence," Eve stated.

        (Y/n) stayed quite for a moment. "I didn't think about that stuff to be honest..." he thoughtfully muttered although he had and simply ignored those facts because his mother was involved. "I'm not dangerous," Ykuei quietly spoke up although he remained hidden behind (y/n) who was starting to get used to the little guy hanging around. He sort of reminded him of Star and that was slightly reassuring. "So you speak," Ain commented clearly not liking Ykuei even in the slightest.

        Lu had told (y/n) earlier during their travels that Ain only tolerated her and Ciel so it was no surprise that he didn't trust the elf demon hybrid that. "He's just a little scared. Don't be so mean to him, Ain," Ara said as she tried to get a look at Ykuei. "Why don't we just ask him some questions? He might be able to tell us who that person was just now and I'm sure we'll be able to tell if he's trustworthy or not," Elsword suggested. No one seemed to object but the problem was getting Ykuei to be cooperative.

        "Um...(y/n), could you get him to step from behind you?" Rena asked. (Y/n) glanced behind him at Ykuei who had yet to let go of the back of his shirt and still had his surprisingly sharp tail tucked away to show his fear. "You think I want him to stay right here?" (y/n) stated with a deadpan. "It's no use. He doesn't seem to trust anyone here except (y/n). Have him ask the questions," Add said. "Why should I trust anyone who might try killing me," Ykuei muttered with a hint of sass. Add shot a glare at him, startling the elf demon hybrid enough to make him disappear from sight. (Y/n) could still feel him tugging at the edge of his shirt so he was certainly still there.

        "So he can disappear. That's not very reassuring," Raven commented. Ain, Rena, Lu, and Aisha nodded in agreement. "This isn't getting us anywhere. Don't we need to go investigating anyway? He can just take us to where the clues would be once we talk to Edel about the situation," (y/n) said not wanting to be bothered with asking Ykuei anything else. "That's not a very good idea. He could lead us into a trap. I mean, I trust him but just not that much..." Chung said. "You trust a demon spawn?" Raven asked him to which Chung shot him a glare.

        "Watch your words, blade boy. I'll have you take them back if you're not careful," Lu threatened. (Y/n) sighed at this, disappointed that his team would be fighting at a time like this. "I have a better idea. Half of us stay here and the other half of us go to see Edel. Ykuei is likely not a threat but until we confirm this, we can't take any risks. (Y/n), I think it would be best that you look after him for the time being. He is far more afraid of you than he is of any of us," Elesis spoke. So far, she seemed to have the best solution to their problem.

        "I think I'll be a part of the group that stays. There's something I want to know," Elsword said. "Are you sure? You're the team leader after all. Edel will need to speak with you about whatever is going on here in Lanox," Aisha said. "I'm sure Elesis can handle things. Besides, I'm not required to speak to every chieftain we meet. Give me a break," Elsword joked to lighten the mood. A small amount of tension was starting to build because of Ykuei's presence and Raven and Chung still clearly had some problems with each other.

        (Y/n) certainly didn't feel like breaking up any fights so he made a quick decision that benefited the situation in his favor. "Then it's decided. Everyone leaves except Elsword, Ara, Chung, and myself. If anything major happens, we'll let you guys know. Now leave so we can actually have some time to rest. I don't like having enemies on the loose," (y/n) said. "I get Elsword staying behind but why Ara and Chung specifically?" Lu asked in suspicion.

        "You and Ciel are demons and Rena is an elf. Ykuei doesn't trust either side of his own races. Raven and Chung seem to have a hidden conflict between them and Elesis has to go regardless. Ain clearly doesn't like Ykuei so letting him stay would be a mistake. Aisha and Eve aren't staying because I simply said so. There's my explanation. Happy now?" (y/n) said without caring to spare anyone's feelings. No one semaid anything in objection to his explaination and My was no longer suspicions which (y/n) was grateful for.

        The truth was that Chung and Ara were the only two people out of the team that he could truly trust in without doubt since they had stayed behind with him back in the Caluso tribal village. If Ykuei were to say anything about his mother, (y/n) could probably easily convince them not to say anything to the others about it. As for Elsword, he hoped the same could ne done. Elsword was trustworthy but (y/n) wasn't familiar with him. He hadn't gotten the chance to speak with him and figure out what kind of person he was but his actions often showed that he was good hearted.

        "We shouldn't be gone longer than two hours. If a mission comes up, we'll come back to inform the rest of you," Elesis said as she prepared to leave. Once the groups had split, (y/n) sighed in relief only to be caught of guard by Elsword's sudden questioning. "What is it that you aren't telling us, (y/n)? What does Ykuei know that you don't want the others to know?" he asked. Elsword locked gazes with him holding a serious look and it was then that (y/n) realized that Elsword already knew the answers to his questions and simply wanted confirmation.
______________________________________

I've got to do better. I'm sorry. Until next time you phenomenal readers!