Chapter 18

Back with another chapter. I'm probably going to stop doing these notes like this. I don't see a purpose for them anymore...
______________________________________

        His vision blurred several times before focusing and he found himself feeling sick. He knew that he was no longer in control of himself and the familiar presence of his former ally grew stronger as (y/n)'s power focused around him. "You already have my power so lending you my regained power makes you twice as strong. I don't know how long your body can handle it, so let's make this quick," Zhu spoke in his mind as a low growl unintentionally sounded from (y/n).

        Ignia stood near General Zhen in confusion. She nor (y/n)'s own allies knew what was going on with him at the moment. "You dare to show yourself here and take control of my son," General Zhen spoke to (y/n) but it was clear that she was talking to Zhu. (Y/n) said nothing on Zhu's behalf and Shi remained silent as well having no intention to answer General Zhen.

        "(Y/n), are you okay?" Chung called. He remained on the other side of the collapsed floor with no way across while Aisha and Add had gotten closer to them, but even they kept their distance. Zhu laughed in amusement upon hearing Chung speak. (Y/n) looked over to them but was unable to answer. He was nowhere near being okay. The constant pain he felt due to the overwhelming power was not dealing any damage to him yet it felt like his skin was constantly burning.

        "We need to go," Add spoke. He seemed to be the only one that understood the current situation as well as everyone's unease. "Are you kidding? Why would we leave (y/n) behind?" Aisha hissed. "Because that fox has him," General Zhen said in answer to Aisha's question. "It's rather boring in here. Why don't we change things up a bit," Zhu spoke. (Y/n) turned his attention back to General Zhen and saw that she hadn't taken her watchful gaze off of him after ordering Jin and In to leave.

        Before he even realized it himself, he was in the air right in front of General Zhen ready to strike her with outstretched claws. He didn't understand how he was able to move faster than his own senses to register. The ability seemed impossible or rather unheard of. He was internally panicking thinking that General Zhen hadn't been able to stop the attack. She didn't take a direct hit having put an arm up to stop him. The impact pushed her back a couple of feet but she remained standing and glared at him afterwards.

        "What excatly do you want, fox?" General Zhen inquired as (y/n) landed and put some space between them. With a smirk, (y/n) went for another attack, this time making successive swipes at his mother's face. He was faster than he was used to and felt his heart hurt a little each time he saw a new bleeding scratch from his mother's attempts to block him from doing any fatal damage. "She is not your mother. Don't worry about such things. There is no saving her," Illipia spoke.

        Her voice was no longer welcoming to him as he realized she had no problem with Zhu taking over his body to fight General Zhen. In fact, it seemed as if she had expected it and was, in a sense, telling him not to fight Zhu's control. He couldn't fight it even if he wanted to. The constant pain he was experiencing was keeping him from doing so. The only thing he could do was endure as he caught General Zhen in their one sided battle.

        "This is no fun. She isn't attacking," Zhu complained as he forced (y/n) to keep attacking at his mother. Just as he said this, General Zhen caught one of his wrists as he went to strike her and backhanded him before he even realized he'd been grabbed. The initial shock distracted both (y/n) and Zhu giving his mother the chance to strike him back. He struggled for air as General Zhen knocked the breath out of him. He slid across the floor nearly falling into the lava of the collapsed potion of it.