Chapter 7

I'm sort of getting the hang of this again. My writing has been suffering for a bit but I think I got it now...
______________________________________

        He didn't even make it to his door before he noticed Ara following him. Of course she would. She had mentioned earlier about wanting to talk to him amd likely thought now was a good time. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. (Y/n) didn't really care. He had to figure out what his next move would be so if talking to Ara helped, he was fine with that. Besides, he was thinking of speaking to Ara later on anyway so why wait. He went into his room and closed the door behind him assuming Ykuei had already gone in before him.

        He was correct since the hybrid child appeared once more and began to crawl under the bed. "Ykuei, what are you doing?" (y/n) asked for he was curious as to why Ykuei thought it was a good idea to go under his bed. "I'm going to sleep. It's safe under here," Ykuei answered as he peeked out from under the bed. It was a strange sight but if that was where he wanted to sleep for the time being, (y/n) would let him do so. It was odd that Ykuei would sleep during the day but so long as (y/n) was not bothered, he wouldn't question the action.

        Just as he expected, a knock was heard at his door being none other than Ara. "The door's not locked. You can come in," (y/n) spoke. Are walked in amd closed the door behind her and immediately stopped and stared at Ykuei. She gave (y/n) an accusing look right afterwards. "What? I didn't tell him to do that. He did it on his own," (y/n) said. Ykuei remained oblivious to the fact that sleeping under beds was weird so he didn't understand why Ara had given (y/n) that look. "If you say so..." Ara muttered looking back at Ykuei once more.

        "You came to talk right? Or did Elsword send you?" (y/n) said as he searched for a place to sit. It would be awkward for him to sit on the bed while Ykuei was under it because a small of his mind couldn't get rid of the thought of the bed breaking or something. It sounded outrageous but sometimes his mind worked like that. He decided to sit on the floor near the bed since he was used to floors anyway, sand littered floors to be specific. He hadn't expected Ara to do the same and sit next to him.

        "Yes, actually. I did come here to talk to you. Your mother isn't on our side and she's likely here in Lanox. You seem stressed about it," Ara spoke with a look of worry. Was he stressed? He didn't feel particularly stressed but he was definitely worried. "What is there to say? I'm not really sure what to do about it right now but I do have some leads I supoose. Ykuei might be able to help me too," (y/n) admitted. Upon hearing his name, Ykuei peeked out from under the bed again with his tail slowly swaying to match the playfulness he held in his eyes. The more (y/n) looked at him, the more childlike he seemed.

        "Are you going to be okay? If this isn't a good time to talk then I can leave," Ara quietly said. "No, you don't have to leave I...actually wanted to talk to you," (y/n) said suddenly feeling awkward. Ara tilted her head a bit and she smiled at him before scooting closer to him and leaning onto his shoulder. (Y/n) was a little cause off gaurd by her action but didn't move nor did he ask her why she had performed such a gesture. He already knew of her infatuation of him so there was no need to ask.

        "What did you want to talk about?" Ara asked after a short moment of silence. At first, (y/n) didn't answer and simply took one of Ara's hands and held it between his own which she didn't seem to mind. "Are you sure about this? You've already seen how unlucky I can get sometimes. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you because of your choice," (y/n) said continuing to hold Ara's hand. It seemed so frail yet it was the same hand that faught so fiercely in harsh battles.

        "Why do you keep thinking something bad is going to happen to me just because I like you? You aren't a bad luck charm. If anything, you're a hero who's had to make sacrifices. Things don't always turn out the best but they don't always turn out the worst either," Ara said with a pout. (Y/n) didn't say anything. He wasn't just worried about Ara's safety. He also feared that he would end up dead. He was confident in his abilities but so far, even that hadn't saved him from knocking so often at death's door. That wasn't something he wanted to say to Ara who was clearly already worried about him without knowing such a detail.

        "I'm not going to betray you if that's what you're worried about. None of us would ever even think about doing that," Ara said as she placed her other hand atop his. "That's not what I'm worried about. I would never suspect any of you of betrayal. I'd at least hope you wouldn't even consider it. What I'm talking about is different. What are you going to do if something happens to me?" (y/n) spoke. He had to ask her one way or another before it was too late. He had one too mant refrets when he knew he had the chance of dying back in Sander so he wanted to get rid of any while he still could.

        Before Ara could answer, Ykuei caught both of their attention as he quickly scrambled from under the bed and looked around in panic. (Y/n) had nearly forgotten about him. "What's gotten into you all of a sudden?" (y/n) asked. Ykuei looked to towards them, his tail swaying nervously. "I heard her voice again. Dryad spoke. The trouble in the forest is being dealt with but a new trouble has arisen in the Temple of Fire. Dyrad says so. She doesn't lie," Ykuei spoke rather calmly and with surprising maturity.

        "This child has contact with the nature goddess Dryad? How interesting. You must keep an eye on this one," Illipia's voice said. "We need to tell Elsword. This could be serious," Ara said as she began to get up. "The others will need to know as well but they left already," (y/n) added. "I have to go now. Dryad tells me so," Ykuei said as he completely stood and seemed to be preparing to leave. "You can't go by yourself. You said you just escaped so what if your captors are there? They'll catch you again," Ara said as she headed to the door.

        "We can go with him, all of us. You, Elsword, Chung, and I can all go with him. We should be fine even with the five of us. I doubt Ykuei is entirely defenseless," (y/n) stated. Ara looked back at him as she thought about his suggestion. "Then let's go. We'll need to let Elsword know immediately. Seems like our talk will have to wait until another time," Ara said with a nod. She left (y/n)'s room in a hurry to gather the remaining team for their new heroic quest.

        "Whatever is going on in the Temple of Fire must be handled with caution. For Dryad herself to warn Ykuei of any troubles there, something major must have happened," Illipia spoke. (Y/n) couldn't help but think that things would start getting worse from that point on but he hoped that somehow he would be proven wrong. "Very reassuring indeed," (y/n) thought with a little sarcasm. He was faced with a new obstacle but his main goal was still a priority.
______________________________________

Tried to add a little more of Ara in the story. I didn't do that very much last time, sorry bout that. Until next time you outstanding readers!