Chapter 24

Not really much I can say here. I've got another chapter though...
______________________________________

        "I am Ykuei, hier to the banished member of the elven council. My father died protecting me, and my mother was killed when we were caught by bounty hunters. I'd known no peace in those days. The only reason I sit here alive today is because of my usefulness," he began. The table had gone quiet. Not even Rose dared to speak when Ykuei began his story.

        "I have a rare ability known to be present among crossbreed children. My mana output is high enough to replenish your team several times over. It's form is one of the purest in the world. I myself have only a fraction of control over it," Ykuei explained. That was something Rena and Lu had easily figured out earlier, so he was certainly telling the truth. "Nearly seventy years ago, I came across the village that (y/n) is from. I had escaped there after being freed from my previous captors by an ally I didn't know I had."

        Ara looked to Ykuei likely curious as to why he didn't mention her as well but said nothing of the matter. "I was saved by a demon who had left his own race to fight for humans, specifically those in Isshin village. He'd told me that he had experienced a great loss a long time ago where he had fought for the village against his own people. Both sides had suffered casualties and he lost many comrades that day. He told me that he protected the village in secret ever since he'd left it that day," Ykuei continued.

        His words were a little off topic, yet (y/n) felt all too familiar with the story. He had a flashback to when he nearly died in the Caluso village. The same memories flashed across his mind, memories that didn't belong to him. "He directed me to the Zhen family and asked them to take me in until he could find somewhere safe for me. I owe the Zhen family my life although I failed to protect the one who saved me," Ykuei spoke.

        "Are you done? Your story is boring me and you're wasting time," Rose inturpted. Ykuei and (y/n) both released their auras as they glared at the shooter who went silent at their actions. Ykuei let his aura die out, but (y/n) kept his nine tails swaying to help him with his agitation. Rose likely wouldn't say anything else now. "Go ahead. We're still listening," Rena spoke to get things back on track.

        "He and I sought to return to his original home so that he could reunite with his mother again, but we were ambushed on the way there. The family he thought he had was gone, and he was killed while buying time for my escape. He was a good friend of mine...and (y/n) has his soul's essence," Ykuei spoke. He stopped on purpose and waited for (y/n) to react. In all honesty, (y/n)'s mind hadn't really registered what Ykuei had meant, so he simply blinked a few times in confusion.

        "That shouldn't be possible," Zhu spoke up. It was the furst time the fox had actually spoken in a while. Usually he kept his words between himself and (y/n) hoping that Ara wasn't listening in. "The Zhen family did harbor you, but for (y/n) to have some one else's essence in his soul...that is impossible. I would have noticed," Zhu growled. (Y/n) was still confused. What did this dead guy's essence have to do with him?!

        "You wouldn't have known. Illipia hid it from you. You'd have killed (y/n) immediately if you'd known that he retained my friend's essence," Ykuei said to the fox who glared at him. It was a little surprising to know they knew each other. "What makes you so sure? I couldn't have exploited that essence for my own benifit," Zhu spoke. Ykuei shook his head at him.

        "The demon currently fused with (y/n)'s mother as General Zhen is none other than my friend's mother. She needed to take form here to find (y/n) and bring her own son back. I told her it was impossible. That escense is all but lost thanks to you and your stunt. The power you gave (y/n) has already taken root. He is unable to be turned into amything else other than what he already is. Illipia made sure of that," Ykuei explained.