Chapter 9

I thought I had it....guess not. Sorry about the delay. Here's the next chapter...
______________________________________

He could see a soul on the outside of the temple where the door had been blown into pieces to trap them there. It was a familiar soul no doubt but he had other things to worry about at the moment. (Y/n) looked towards the other end of the temple just as two souls entered his sight and along with them, the demons they belonged to. Ykuei, although invisible, clung tightly to (y/n)'s shirt hem. In an instant, Ara had taken a stand by his side with her spear brandished to apply an intimidating effect.

Chung stayed behind them with Elsword who stood steady own his own but (y/n) doubted he could fight in the condition he was in. He may not have taken the full force of the lava but he still had burns on his arms where his clothes were not present. If he took too many hits in this clearly unavoidable battle, he would surely suffer from a potentially fatal wound. "Ara, Chung, focus on protecting Elsword. I can handle these two for the time being," (y/n) said as the two new enemies stood a good distance away from them.

"You don't know their abilities. Going into a fight like that, two against one, isn't a good idea. Besides, I can still fight," Elsword spoke in protest. His determination was admirable but (y/n) refused to allow him to get hurt any further than what damage he already suffered from. "(Y/n) is right, Elsword. Let him handle things for us this time. If I stay here and provide long range support, Ara can fend off close ranged attacks while (y/n) taked the enemy down," Chung said as the two demons walked a bit closer to them. They refused to get any closer than where they stopped.

"They're here because they noticed my aura. I was a little careless with it after all. Ykuei, stay with Ara," (y/n) said as he stepped forward to confront the nearly identical demons. Ykuei didn't let him go despite his clear order but (y/n) didn't feel like repeating himself. Before he could gice Ykuei any different institutions, one of the demons spoke. "You poor humans have guts to walk right into this temple like this. I'm sure you knew that something wasn't right here. No matter. We'll be stopping you here," one of them said.

"Don't converse with the targets like that, In. We only need to kill them and finish our job here," the other spoke. The one called In laughed at this and nodded in agreement. "True but you're no fun, Jin. I wanted to play with them a little," In spoke with a little disappointment evident in his voice. Their very precenses already ticked (y/n) off so he wasn't in the mood for anything playful at all. He could rip their heads of as soon as the opprotunity presented itself and to show that, he let out a threatening growl that was half accident and half on purpose. He wasn't sure which one it was entirely.

"Why are you in the Temple of Fire and what have you done? This is your only time to answer. I'm killing you both without hesitation otherwise," (y/n) said. The two demons looked at him, eying him specifically, with caution. They didn't seem threatened by anyone else but him and (y/n) liked it that way. "Sorry, but we're not obliged to tell you that. You must be a threat if that woman left you here like this to be dealt with," Jin said.

It was at that moment that Ykuei let (y/n) go and it was the moment he had been waiting for. Without hesitation, he sprang forward unleashing his fox tails and ears to go along with his full force aura. He had no intention of taking his time with these two and wanted things to end quickly. His leap landed him right in front of In within seconds, shocking both demons at his unnatural speed. He easily kicked In's feet from under him in one swift motion and intended to strike him dead but Jin's interference stopped him.

He put just enough distance between them to avoid her whip. In recovered and quickly put distance between himself and (y/n) but that wouldn't help him. (Y/n) recognized Jin to be the main threst for the time being but felt like going after In first. Jin knew this and attempted to stop (y/n) from reaching In as he kept forward again. Much to his surprise, he was able to guide himself to the ground just as Jin lashed out at him. He just barely dodged the attack taking a minor scratch to the face.