Chapter 22

No author note this time I guess...
______________________________________

        "Are you sure that you can do this? It's not that I entirely doubt you..." (y/n) muttered as he stood in the kitchen to watch over Elsword. "I'm fine, (y/n). I appreciate your concern, but I know what I'm doing. I just...have to pull myself together is all," Elsword said. The two of them decided to work together to fill in for kitchen duty after finishing the tea Ara had made them. Elsword had claimed the main task of actually cooking, so (y/n) was just an assistant.

        After Elsword changed clothes and (y/n) made sure Ykuei was still safe, the two of them had gone to the kitchen only to get stuck at the beginning of their task. "If you need my help, just let me know. I don't have much experience with cooking in a kitchen, but I can cook just about anything over an open fire in the open air of the Sander deserts," (y/n) said. He saw Elsword crack a smile at his words. "Is that so? You and I aren't too much different in this department then. That's a relief," Elsword said. "Is it really?" (y/n) asked. Elsword sighed and glanced at him before pouting a bit.

        In truth, neither of them had any idea how to cook in a kitchen space. Elsword was still determined to complete the task anyway, so (y/n) would do what he could to assist. Just before they could start anything, two of their allies returned. The two of them went into the main lobby just in time to see Chung and Aisha stumble through the door. Chung had minor wounds although his armor displayed markings and scratches from a recent battle. Even so, he seemed like he was about to collapse.

        Aisha was the one they really needed to worry about. At first glance, one might assume she was dead. Red certainly did not suit her either. (Y/n) and Elsword didn't hesitate to rush to their aid. Neither of them spoke as Elsword took Aisha and rushed her upstairs while (y/n) guided Chung to a nearby chair. If he remembered correctly, the two of them had gone to search for Elesis against Elsword's judgement. "What happened to you two?" (y/n) inquired as he pulled Chung's cannon from his grasp.

        "We found her..." he muttered although he didn't seem to happy about it. (Y/n) would have asked more, but he heard his name being called from upstairs. "I'll be right back. Just hang in there," (y/n) stated before rushing upstairs. He noticed his speed returning just a bit which he was highly grateful for. It didn't take long for him to catch up to Elsword just as he got to the room they had designated for the injured members of the team.

        "She's not breathing but her heart is still going," Elsword informed when (y/n) was close enough. He opened the door to let Elsword in. Ara was startled by their sudden appearance but quickly gained her composure when she saw the situation. "(Y/n), clear that space right there. Elsword, get water as soon as you put her down," Ara demanded. It was unusual for her to take charge like that, but there was an emergency at the moment. "She's not breathing but her heart is still going," Elsword relayed the message before leaving to get the water.

        Then it hit him. (Y/n) nearly facepalmed at his lack of noticing something so important. "Elsword wait, come back," he called. Ara looked at him like he was crazy but he had no time to explain. "You've finally decided to rely on me? Good. Make sure you aren't too close. She's in bad condition so I'll need to use a lot of energy," Illipia spoke. Just as Elsword returned, (y/n) pulled Ara back from Aisha's side.

        Another crest of a Illipia appeared but not just above Aisha. There was one for each of their harmed comrades who were resting to heal their previous injuries. The phenomenon was almost unbelievable as the whole room practically glowed with golden light. The only thing left unfixed were the rips in their clothing which could easily be handled later.

        "Thanks," (y/n) spoke aloud to the goddess. She gave no reply but (y/n) didn't care. He was relieved that no one else died. "Did you just ask the goddess Illipia to heal everyone?!" Elsword questioned. "Well technically she read my thoughts before I could ask. I didn't think to do that until now. She's the one that saved you too," (y/n) explained. "You're incredible," Ara commented as she checked Aisha's temperature. "It wasn't me though..." (y/n) muttered.