07.

[Abigail's POV]

Jess picked me up and we made it to Liberty with just 10 minutes to get changed. We both ran to the changing rooms and put on our cheer uniform.
"Come on quick or coach won't let us cheer for the game." Jess pulled her hair up into a ponytail and we both walked out towards the pitch. 
We jogged out and joined the other girls on the sidelines. There was just a few minutes before the game was set to start and I felt bad that I hadn't got there slightly earlier. I really wanted to see Monty before the game and wish him luck. I looked over to the guys, who were practising before the game and I met eyes with Monty. I smiled slightly and I saw him say something to Zach, who he was talking to, before jogging over to us. 

"Hey, I wondered when you were going to get here!" He smiled, holding his helmet in his hands.
"Jess got to my house late so we had to rush down here." I laughed, "But we made it! Just in time to wish you luck."
"Well thank you, you're my lucky charm so I'm sure we will win with you cheering us on." He said, causing me to blush slightly.
He was my friend but there was something about him that made me feel all bubbly when he complimented me or I heard him laugh. It was so stupid and I always tried to push it to the back of my mind. 
"As I said you don't need luck. Don't tell anyone but I think you are the best player." I giggled, lowering my voice.
Monty had a genuine smile on his face and as he went to speak the coach shouted over.
"COME ON CRUZ, WE HAVE A GAME TO PLAY!" He shouted and I shone Monty a quick smile.
"Quick good luck hug!" I suggested and he wrapped me in his tight arms.
I breathed in the scent of his aftershave causing me to get that stupid bubbly feeling once again. We held the hug for a second before pulling away and he smiled.
"Right I better go quick." He laughed, jogging back to the team.
"GOOD LUCK GUYS!" I shouted to the whole group and they all nodded and cheered.

I looked at Jessica and Sheri and they were smirking at me.
"What?" I frowned, straightening my dress.
"You like him." Sheri giggled and I choked slightly.
"Are you kidding?" I laughed, "He's my friend and anyway I don't go for boys with 'bad reputations'."
"Hmm whatever you say. I bet he likes you." Sheri smirked.
"He's actually got better since Abi has moved here." Jessica said, "Like he used to get in fights at least once a week but he hasn't had a fight in school for like four months." 
"Really, he used to get in fights that much?" I raised my brow.
"Yeah as I said he has a bad reputation for a reason." Jessica shrugged.
"Maybe he's trying to impress you." Sheri elbowed me and both girls giggled.
"Definitely not, it's probably just a coincidence that he hasn't got in a fight." I shrugged my shoulders.

*Time Skip*

We finished up our last routine and watched eagerly to see who was going going to win the game. The score was tied and Monty had the ball, with only ten seconds counting down before the whistle. He ran down the pitch and dodged the opposing team members. I could tell he was in his element and a huge smile was plastered on my face as I watched his every move. He jumped over the line and scored a touchdown just as the whistle was about to be blown, winning the game by six points for Liberty. The crowds erupted in cheers and a few of the cheerleaders, ran onto the pitch to congratulate the boys. I watched as Jess jumped into Justin's arms and he spun her around. I smiled, thinking about how cute their relationship was. I watched as Zach, Scott, Bryce and a few other players picked up Monty and held him up, celebrating his winning touchdown. They put him down quickly and he looked around making eye contact with me. I looked and quickly made my way towards him, running into his open arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and, due to me only being 5ft5, he lifted me slightly off the ground as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist.
"Well done!" I said as he placed me safely back onto the floor, "I'm so proud!"
"It's because my lucky charm was here." He smirked and I giggled, hitting his chest slightly.
"No it was because you are an incredible player Cruz." I laughed and he shrugged his shoulders.

" I laughed and he shrugged his shoulders

Liked by brycemoney23, alex.standall and 623 others

abi_reed Go Tigers🏈So proud of you all💙
📸 jeff.atkins

Read all 54 comments

jeff.atkins It was a good game!
itshannahbaker You looked great👌🏻
cjensen First football game I've been to and it wasn't that bad
abi_reed It really was jeff.atkins I saw you two sat together! Just date already please, I need my ship to sail😊itshannahbaker cjensen
scott_reed Thanks for coming❤
cheerstojess It was insane!
abi_reed No problem, you did great❤scott_reed Ikr the adrenaline was crazy in the last seconds cheerstojess
heyy_sheri We didn't fall over!😂
dempzee See, watching me play wasn't that bad🤷‍♀️
abi_reed I know, I was so proud of us for not stacking it😂heyy_sheri Hmm I won's say anything mean as you guys won the game, well-done😊dempzee
montyy_cruz It was so tense, surprised we won!😊
abi_reed All because of you, man of the match💙montyy_cruz