34.

[Abigail's POV]

Monty and I's breakup had been pretty undramatic surprisingly. After the fight we had, I pretty much ignored any message from him and he wouldn't come to my house because he knew that if Scott saw him, he would have a go at him. I took the week off of school, in an attempt to avoid both Monty and the drama and today was Friday. The problem was, it wasn't just any old Friday, it was homecoming. Of course, Monty and I were meant to be going together but clearly that whole plan was out of the window. Baring in mind the fact that I had already bought the dress, I was really upset that I wasn't going to go. I mean of course I wouldn't go alone and anyway it would just be awkward.

Sitting on the sofa in my living room, I heard a knock at the front door. I got up and unlocked the door, revealing Zach stood in my driveway.
"Oh hey Zach." I tried to act enthusiastic and not emotionally drained, letting him in.
"Hey, so I was wondering if you were still coming to homecoming?" Zach smiled.
"Uhh probably not. I have no one to go with now and baring in mind Monty will probably come with some new girl, I'm really not up for facing it." I sighed, slumping back down onto the sofa.
"Awh come on Abi, you have bought your dress already so you have to." Zach tried to persuade me, "And anyway, I'd be surprised if Monty even turned up."
"Why? Is he okay?" I asked, genuinely concerned by Zach's comment.
"Honestly..." Zach paused, "He's been a complete mess since you guys broke up. He's hardly been in school all week and the couple of times that he has actually been in, he's only there to see if you are."
"Fuck..." I sighed, rubbing my temples., "I miss him so much Zach."
"Hey, hey Abi, don't cry." Zach pulled me into a tight embrace as tears threatened to spill from my eyes.
I stayed wrapped in Zach's arms for a few seconds before I pulled away. Zach had always been like a brother to me and he was always there to give the best hugs in my toughest times.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, wiping away my tears.
"You have nothing to be sorry for." Zach said before changing the topic slightly.
"Anyway, what I came for was to ask if you would come to homecoming as my 'date'. Before you say anything, it's one hundred per cent in a friendly way." Zach laughed, causing me to giggle slightly, "I just really want you to be there and enjoy yourself and maybe you and Monty can talk things over. If not, you can have a great time watching me dance terribly...What do you say?"
"You know what..." I thought for a second, "I would love to go with you. It may give Monty a chance to talk to me face to face if he really wants to and if not, I'm not going to let him ruin a night that I have been looking forward to for months now."
"Aye that's the spirit! Zach grinned, "I'll pick you up at like half six, does that sound okay?"
"Yeah that's fine." I smiled, "Thank you again for all of this, you really didn't have to come over and ask me to come."
"You're one of my best friends, that's what I'm for." He grinned, "Anyway I better go, see you later."
"Bye." I smiled as he walked out and I close the door behind him.

" I smiled as he walked out and I close the door behind him

abi_reed Happy to have an actual reason to get out of bed today, thank you dempzee for persuading me😂💕

Read all 162 comments

dempzee Honestly no problem. What are best friends for, right?😂😂💕
cheetstojess Omg you are coming to homecoming!?!😆❤
abi_reed Truee, love you😊dempzee YESSSS😆❤cheerstojess
scott_reed Good to see you out of bed for the first time this week, love you😂
heyy_sheri OMG so excited to see you later!!😊❤
itshannahbaker So excited to see you!!❤❤
abi_reed Oh shh, my bed is very comfortable so🤷‍♀️scott_reed Can't wait to see you both❤heyy_sheri itshannahbaker
jeff.atkins Happy that you're coming. I'm still really sorry❤❤
itsfoley 😊
tony.padilla Happy to see you excited for something!!💙
abi_reed It wasn't your fault, I promise💕jeff.atkins Love you both💙itsfoley tony.padilla
brycemoney23 ^^^^ '💕' montyy_cruz
abi_reed What? brycemoney23 It's a fucking emoji, I send them to everyone🙄Just so your pathetic ass don't feel left out, here you go, asshole💕🖕
montyy_cruz So you're going with Zach?😟