42.

[Abigail's POV]

I pulled up to Bryce's house and parked in the driveway, eagerly getting out of my car and rushing up to his front door. As I raised my fist towards the door, preparing to knock, my eyes landed on a small note sellotaped to the door;
Clue 5-
Use the back gate.

I grabbed the note and headed towards the back gate that was already unlocked. As I pushed it open, I glanced in front of me and noticed a trail of rose petals and tea candles. I followed the trail around the corner and as soon as I looked up, my eyes met with the boy that I had been eager to see all day. My heart fluttered as I noticed he was dressed in my favourite plaid shirt of his. He had a nervous expression on his face as I made my way towards him.
"Hey baby." I grinned as I opened my arms, engulfing him into a tight embrace.
"Hey Abi." Monty smiled, stepping from one foot to the other.
"What's wrong?" I questioned, beginning to feel anxiety build up inside of me.

"It's just...These past six months, I have been the happiest that I have ever been and that's all because every time I feel sad or upset I just think about how lucky I am to have someone like you in my life. I mean, you are the most gorgeous, funny, intelligent girl that I have ever laid my eyes on and somehow I get to call you mine." Monty began, grabbing my hands and interlocking our fingers together, "You are my whole world and I mean you know how much I normally hate all the cheesy romantic stuff but somehow you make me want to be like that."
I giggled at his comment, almost tearing up due to his words.
"I genuinely fall for you more each and every time I lay my eyes on you and I don't know what I would do without you. In fact, I hope I never have to find out." I looked into Monty's eyes and saw him tearing up, "I wanted to make your birthday a day to remember, like you deserve."
Monty pulled his hands away from mine and pulled out a small box from his pocket.
"Monty..." I gasped, not quite sure what he was going to say next.
"Before you freak out and run away." Monty laughed, causing me to laugh slightly, "I'm not proposing to you."
"This is a promise ring." Monty told me, opening up the small box, causing me to gasp once again.
"It's beautiful." I smiled as I let the happy tears spill from my eyes.
"It's a promise that one day I will marry you and we will have a house together. Of course, we will have to get our two golden retrievers that you insist on getting." Monty shook his head in a joking manner, "And we will have kids together, one boy and one girl like we always speak about...It's a promise that I'll always be by your side through everything and you'll always be the girl I'm in love with. I want to spend forever with you."
"Oh Monty, I love you too, more than anything." I wiped away the tears that were falling down my cheeks with my free hand as he placed the ring on my other hand.
He pulled me into a tight embrace and once we pulled away I pressed my lips onto his, sharing a passionate kiss with the boy that I was madly in love with.

At that moment, all of our friends burst through the back door of Bryces and into the garden. Cheers could be heard as they run up to us and engulfed up in a huge hug. We spent the evening partying and I had never felt happier in my life. I got to spend the best birthday with the best people, that make me the happiest. 

Liked by montyy_cruz, scott_reed and 2,379 others

abi_reed "Forever is a long time but I wouldn't mind spending it with you"
Tagged: montyy_cruz

Read all 289 comments

cheerstojess I teared up watching this, you guys are too cuteeee💜
heyy_sheri That ring is gorgeous, love you both💜
itshannahbaker Aghhhh you guys are legit goalssss💜
abi_reed Thank you both cheerstojess itshannahbaker I know right, its stunning heyy_sheri Love you alllll💜💜
jeff.atkins Too cute, happy for the both of you💙💙
dempzee I have to admit, that was pretty cute💙
scott_reed I guess you guys are kind of cute😊💙
cjensen Happy for you both💙
tony.padilla Aghhhhh too cuteee😍
itsfoley Guess I have to step my game up now then🤷‍♂️😂
abi_reed Thank you everyoneeee💙 jeff.atkins dempzee scott_reed cjensen tony.padilla
montyy_cruz Yeah you better😂itsfoley
montyy_cruz I love you so much baby❤
abi_reed I love you more❤montyy_cruz

A/N
I really hope you enjoyed this book. I don't know if this is exactly a great ending but I knew I wanted to end it on a happy note. Thank you to every single person who has read this book and voted, it honestly means so much.