36.

[Abigail's POV]

As Zach and I pulled into the carpark of Liberty High, my eyes scanned through the packed carpark, looking for one specific car. I noticed the familiar Jeep parked opposite us and anxiety began to build up inside of me. I always hated causing a scene or being involved in drama and I didn't want anything bad to happen tonight. Monty being here could cause more drama and I really didn't want that. I just wanted everything to go back to how it was a week ago.

"Hey, are you good?" Zach asked, noticing the sudden change in my mood.
"Y-yeah I'm fine..." I shrugged my shoulders, "I just don't think I completely processed the idea of seeing him again until just now."
"I'm sure everything will be fine." Zach smiled, "I'll stay with you and act as your personal bodyguard."
"Thanks Zach." I laughed, lightly, "Anyway, let's do this!"
Zach grinned at my sudden burst of enthusiasm and we both got out of the car. I linked my arm around his and we both made our way towards the double doors.

"Ready?" Zach asked as we reached the doors.
"Yep." I popped my P and grinned.
I held my head up high as Zach pushed open the doors and we stepped into the hall. Everyone's heads snapped around towards us and the mixture of smiles and shocked faces could be seen. People being shocked was completely understandable, I mean Monty and I were pretty much the schools 'perfect couple' and here I was a week after our breakup, walking into the homecoming dance with Zach. I looked around, spotting Jess, Sheri and Hannah stood near the drinks with our friends. One specific boy caught my eye. Monty was stood, staring at me and the moment I met eyes with him, he automatically looked straight down towards the ground.
"Come on." I grinned, grabbing Zach's hand and leading him towards the group.

"Heyyy!" I smiled, letting go of Zach to hug the girls.
He went over talk to Scott and Justin whilst I caught up with Sheri, Jess and Hannah.
"Oh my god!" Jess exclaimed.
"Whoa!" Sheri gasped.
"You look stunning!" Hannah grinned.
"Thank you girls, so do you all!" I smiled, "I've missed you all."
We all hugged and caught up with gossip for a few minutes, until we got onto the dreaded topic, Monty and I.
"Have you guys spoke since?" Jess asked.
"Nope." I shrugged my shoulders.
"Do you want to?" Hannah asked.
"I mean of course, I love him so much it's actually crazy." I sighed, "Maybe he'll apologise tonight, who knows."
"Right let's change the topic because we need to be happy tonight!" Sheri clapped and we all nodded.

As the girls started talking about some random topic that I most likely had hardly any interest in, I began to zone out and look around the hall full of teens. Everyone looked so happy, dancing along with their significant others and friends. The smiles that were planted on their faces almost made me feel physically sick. I should be dancing like that, happily, with my boyfriend. Instead, I'm stood in the corner of the dimly lit room, glass of punch in my hand and tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Glancing to my left, I noticed the one thing that made me hit my breaking point. Monty had his arms wrapped tightly around Courtney Crimsens waist. Without even processing my thoughts, I slammed my cup of punch down on the table beside me, alerting several people around me. One of those several people was Monty, who met eyes with me. I span on my heal and without a single word to anyone, ran out of the hall and towards the door. 

Almost sprinting down the steps of the school, the cold finally hit me and I began to shiver. I hated making a scene but I had to get away, I couldn't there sit and watch him dancing happily with her. My heart was already broken but now it had shattered into a million pieces. As I ran down the path and off of the school grounds, my breathing began to become heavy and I almost felt dizzy. It was different to any normal loss of breath from running, I felt almost as if I was stuck in a tiny box and was running out of oxygen. Stopping at the end of the path, my breathing only became worse and I began to panic even more than I already was. 
"Hey, wait Abi what's up" An all to familiar voice asked from behind me.
"I-I..." I tried to say in between breaths but I couldn't speak.
"Hey no no, I think you are having a panic attack." The man said, clearly trying to keep calm, "Okay just listen to my voice okay Abi, ignore everything else."
I nodded and gripped onto his upper arms for support as he spoke to me.
"Okay just breath deeply okay, with me. In..." He inhaled and I did the same, "And out..."
"Again..." He said and I continued the deep breathing.
"Look just keep deep breathing." He looked into my eyes and I met eyes with him.
Looking into his brown eyes almost automatically calmed me slightly.
"I'm so fucking sorry Abi, this is my fault, this is all my fault..." He sighed.
"N-No it's not." I breathed.
"It is though, I'm so fucking sorry. I love you so much and making you hurt like this is killing me." He frowned.
"C-can we just go, take me home...please." I sighed and Monty nodded, wrapping his arm around my waist and supporting me to his car.

" I sighed and Monty nodded, wrapping his arm around my waist and supporting me to his car

Liked by dempzee, cheerstojess and 1,492 others

abi_reed "So can we do it all over again?"🥀🖤

Read all 170 comments

dempzee Let me know that you're ok please💛
cheerstojess I hope everything's alright🖤
itshannahbaker Hope you're ok
heyy_sheri Get home safe💙
montyy_cruz "And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again"❤