Soon

Frank

I sit on the stone step out side our cabin, it was the newest one here, and the only one that hosted up to four people.

I stare at the mask which laid on my hands, why was I a killer?

"Yo, everything alright?"

I look up, Joe walked out of the cabin and sits on the step beside me. I rest my chin on my hand which was held up my my leg.

"Yeah all good."

Joe frowned unconvinced, he pulled down his black hood, his sickly yellow eyes watching me concerned.

"You've been so distant lately, you have us all worried."

How could I tell him that I had feeling for a gods damn survivor!?

Even so Joe had been one of my oldest friends, he deserves to know right?

"Let's just say I have a lot on my mind."

"Pfft, that much was obvious."

I elbow him in the ribs, he laughs and looks up at the hock void sky.

"But seriously dude, if you need to talk I can listen."

I bit my lip and look at my mask as it smiled at me.

"I think I'm going crazy,"

I say head in hands, what was this stranger (Y/N) doing to me!? Joe chuckles,

"We knew that when we found out you murdered somebody."

Joe's normally humorous face now dark as he realise that I didn't laugh at his joke.

"A different type of insanity,"

I say bluntly, standing up,

"Thanks Joe, but I think I need to find someone."

I entered the trees and head straight for the barrier Susie found, Joe forgotten behind.

I pick up the baby crow from behind the biggest tree, I smile at it slept peacefully in my hands, I decided to leave it this time and place it back down.

Tomorrow was the barrier fall, (Y/N) begged me not to hurt those who hurt her. It was hard but I agreed, I wanted to spend the free night with her anyway.

I neared to the now ice thin wall, I could probably break it now but I don't want it to be permanent.

I perch myself up inside my choosen tree and decided to have a nap till (Y/N) came by.

-
-

Hours pass, I was starting to get worried by (Y/N)'s absence.

Suddenly a body ran through the bush opening on the survivors side, I was about to jump down when I recognize (Y/N)'s eye snap toward me,'no!'

I clench my fist but stay still.

Two more followed from (Y/N)'s wake.

"Asshole, how dare you try and run,"

I bare my teeth as a shirtless man grabbed (Y/N) and slammed her against a tree, I start to feel uneasy as she coughs blood on him. I grip the brank tightly, the wood creating splinters in my skin. I slip on my mask, preparing for the worst, wait. I had a plan.

-
-

(Y/N)

"Call on the Entity!"