Enigma

Hello lovely friends!

The big day has finally come.

Please let me know what you think.

♡    ♡    ♡

Enid had always loved puzzles.

Each Christmas there was always a new one under the tree, waiting for her to solve it.

Ordered from all over the world, Enid had solved hundreds of puzzles by the time she was ten.

Her father would say it was a sign of her genius.

But she just thought it was fun.

The answers just came easily to her.

That's why she was so worried about the situation she found herself in.

For the first time in her life, she could not understand the puzzle before her.

The three pieces of it surrounding her, confusing her.

Each an enigma in his own right.

She did not understand the men around her.

What they wanted from her, who they really were, why she felt so strongly toward them.

Arms tightening around her waist drew her from her thoughts.

"Okay, darling. I think it's time we explain some things." Dr. Easton said, glancing at the two other men.

They had arrived home just a few minutes ago, entering Dr. Easton's office to find Enid curled on his lap, half-asleep.

Now she sat facing them, still in his lap with his strong arms banded around her middle.

Dr. Drewitt had settled into the armchair across from them while Dr. Romano sunk into the couch to their right.

Each of them within in arm's reach of where she sat.

Her face stained scarlet as their dark gazes took in the image of her sitting on her professor's lap.

Her pink slip almost too provocative.

She shifted slightly, uncomfortable with the attention of the three intimidating men.

"Enid, what did I say about moving around?" He spoke through gritted teeth, the hard thing beneath her twitching.

"I think she wants to come sit in my lap. Isn't that right, little bird?" Dr. Romano smirked, holding his arms out toward her.

His green eyes dark and full of invitation.

"I-" her embarrassed murmur was cut off by Dr. Drewitt's low chuckle.

"No, I think she wants to sit on mine." His voice deep and sweet like honey.

Dr. Easton's arms tightened around her, pulling her further into him as he glared.

Enid stared at the three men with wide eyes.

The puzzle just seemed to keep getting harder.

"What's going on?" She finally found her voice, though it wavered as she spoke.

With a slight push, she escaped from his muscular grasp and stood at the center of their makeshift triangle.

The three men exchanged glances and she wondered if they could speak telepathically.

Dr. Drewitt sighed, raking a hand through his golden curls.

A strained look on his aristocratic face.