Arrival

Changing it up this chapter!

Let me know what you think of this new duo.

I hope I made them dis-likable enough! 

✈     ✈     ✈

Clouds drifted by as the jet descended, the city below growing more detailed.

The sole passenger on the private plane glanced down at the expensive watch on his wrist in annoyance.

He was meant to arrive in America weeks ago but wrapping up the loose ends in Europe had taken longer than he had anticipated.

It seems one had to do every single task themselves in order to get proper results.

Incompetence was one of the many things he simply could not tolerate.

And now he was behind on his well-planned schedule.

Something else he hated.

There were things to do.

Deals to make.

People to kill.

Plans to destroy.

And now it was all running behind.

All in all, he was as bitter as the alcohol he was sipping.

He sat impatiently as the plane reached the asphalt.

The jerky landing barely fazing him as he typed out a message on his phone before standing from the leather seat.

Buttoning his suit coat, he nodded at the pilot and crew before descending the steps onto the tarmac.

Bright Boston sun filled his eyes as he breathed in the smell of asphalt and fuel.

He shut his eyes for a moment, a vicious smile baring his teeth to the cloudless sky.

The air was crisp with the promise of revenge.

"I didn't think I'd ever see Oscar Flynt set foot in America again." The man waiting beside the large SUV smirked as he approached.

"Almalfi. It's been too long." Flynt shook the scarred man's hand and grit his teeth at the firm pat that was delivered to his shoulder.

"Five years since you were exiled, nearly to the day." Almalfi's scar scrunching as he chuckled.

Flynt rolled his eyes as he slipped his dark sunglasses onto his sharp nose.

"Well, you're still as ugly as the day I left, so at least some things haven't changed." Flynt half-teased, his voice dry.

"And you're still an insufferable louse." He quipped back with a guffaw.

The two men climbed into the waiting vehicle and the driver took off without a glance at them.

Sitting beside each other, the men were near exact opposites.

Almalfi's coloring was dark, his features wide and strong.

He had a large frame, his muscles sometimes coming in handy when his brains fell short.

Flynt was pale, his hair so blond it was practically white.

Eyes a blue shade so light they looked transparent in some lights.

He was tall and thin, his mother used to tell him he could have been a model or a ballet dancer.

Her doting had always filled him with irritation.

Almalfi's office building was a modern building that stretched into the sky.