Awaken

Sorry for missing an update yesterday!

This semester is getting really busy.

Hope you all enjoy!!

✥     ✥     ✥

Enid woke to the feather-light touch of a finger caressing her cheek.

Sleepily peeking through her long eyelashes, she saw Theodore standing by the bedside.

Still half-asleep, she gave a sleepy smile before pressing a small kiss on his hand.

He was startled to find her awake and he smiled softly at her as he sat beside her on the edge.

"Good morning, darling." His minty breath and musky cologne filling her sense.

"Morning, Theo." She murmured in response as she rubbed her eyes.

"Come down when you're ready and we'll get you some breakfast before Alexander takes you to campus." He pressed a soft kiss on her forehead before leaving the spacious bedroom.

Now fully awake, Enid glanced around in surprise at her surroundings.

She must have fallen asleep in the library last night.

As she pulled the thick duvet from her body, she found she had been changed into a soft cotton nightgown.

Enid wondered if she should feel strange about them seeing her undressed while she was asleep, but she didn't.

She trusted them instinctively, intrinsically.

It wasn't like they hadn't already seen her nearly bare, anyways.

The room she was in was large, pale blue painted walls and furnished with dark modern furniture.

Stretching as she stood from the comfortable bed, she walked to the large windows along the right wall.

The grounds were blanketed in a thick fog, mysterious and enchanting.

She could see rows of hedges to one side, almost like a maze.

Turning from the view, she found a sweater, undergarments, and leggings folded on the dresser.

All of it in her size.

Dressing quickly, she ran a brush on the dresser through her tangled curls.

She poked her head into the attached bathroom and found toothpaste and a toothbrush still in its package.

Refreshed, she left the bedroom and trailed down the long hallway.

It seemed to take ages to reach the central staircase and she wondered if she had gone the wrong way.

Finally, she reached it and took the stairs two steps at a time as she hurried down.

Looking down at her feet, she did not notice the body standing at the bottom of the stairs.

She shrieked in surprise as arms wrapped around her waist and twirled her around.

Alexander's laugh calmed her at once and she playfully hit him on the shoulder.

"You scared me!" Enid pouted, her heart still racing from the surprise.

He grinned down at her before planting a kiss on her pouted lips.

"I'm sorry, angel. You were lost in your own world." He smiled, brushing his nose against hers.

Blushing at the affection, she watched as he carried her toward the kitchen.